+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    good luck tomorrow

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That does sound stressful. I wonder if it is not so much the rules themselves, but the lack of support for your son, & them not recognising that he needs an individual behaviour plan to help support positive behaviour. It does sound like they are struggling with how to manage his behaviour (which is THEIR issue to learn to deal with), and I would say that they've put the 'green slips' in place to manage behaviour for what is a massive school. 900! That's huge. I would worry about my child getting 'lost' too. At my DD's school, she is in a class of 20, and the whole school is around 180 students. I hope the counsellor can provide you with some help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Chatted to another parent last night who pulled her son out of the school. Her reasons were personal and professional. On a professional point (she works as support teacher at another school) she said the school often over exaggerated the behaviour of the children they'd send to her to get "fixed up" and often she would send the child back with strategies in place to manage the behaviour but the school never implemented it and continued on to give children green slips for any poor behaviour before using behaviour management plans. It sounds a lot like what is happening with us.
    Also in describing my son to her (she is also a psychologist) she said to get him assessed for sensory disorder as a lot of it fits.