+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    Thanks @monnie24, we have a good paed who's been looking after her since she was born as she was prem. he is brilliant actually, gives all his patients his mobile number and you text him anytime with questions and he gets straight back to you! I'll give the losec a good week to kick in before going back to him. Today was dose 5 but only second day of the full dose as we had to build up to it with her as it's hard to get medicine into her but we're on top of that now.
    I think we have the same paed hahaha!! Give it a bit did he tell you try mylanta with it too?

Parenting is hard hun don't be so hard on yourself. Are you attending mums group?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Your bubs sounds so much like my little one. I really hope the meds kick in for you soon as once you get on top of the reflux I think you'll find sleep improves. Going dairy/soy free also really helped her as well so it may be worth a try.

Best wishes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    I think we have the same paed hahaha!! Give it a bit did he tell you try mylanta with it too?

Parenting is hard hun don't be so hard on yourself. Are you attending mums group?
    Yes we started with mylanta but I have one clever girl. Spits out anything that isn't pure breastmilk. Panadol, gripe water, infants friend, infacol, losec, mylanta. Everything. Tried mixing with EBM and putting in bottle, tried mixing with brown sugar water (advised by hospital), no luck. She even put on a couple of epic choking and vomiting fits when we initially tried to give her the losec. We've only managed to get the losec in the past few days by using a feeding syringe with a thin flexible tube on the end. We can slip the tube in to the side of her mouth while breastfeeding and bit by bit inject it in. Tedious but works that's all that matters!
    If it is Dr S you are seeing too he is brilliant!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    Yes we started with mylanta but I have one clever girl. Spits out anything that isn't pure breastmilk. Panadol, gripe water, infants friend, infacol, losec, mylanta. Everything. Tried mixing with EBM and putting in bottle, tried mixing with brown sugar water (advised by hospital), no luck. She even put on a couple of epic choking and vomiting fits when we initially tried to give her the losec. We've only managed to get the losec in the past few days by using a feeding syringe with a thin flexible tube on the end. We can slip the tube in to the side of her mouth while breastfeeding and bit by bit inject it in. Tedious but works that's all that matters!
    If it is Dr S you are seeing too he is brilliant!!
    He's best DS wouldn't be alive without him i ended up going on thickened formula I was at my wits end. Was such a stressful time for us and I was feeling so guilty/depressed I couldn't even buy it my husband had too. The she slept. Was like a miracle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How's it going @gingermillie?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks for thinking of me @wobbleyhorse. It's up and down. She's been sick with her first cold this week which hasn't helped. It seemed like we turned a corner later in the week though as she was much happier (smiling again) and less screaming and at least able to manage some 30 minute naps. We had an amazing day with her Friday she slept in the car for 3 hours (road trip) and then went to sleep at 6:30 that night and didn't cry pretty much at all that day. Wow we were like who is this baby it was like living a different life that day. Then yesterday was a nightmare with lots of screaming wouldn't (couldn't?) sleep so was awake all afternoon til 8:30pm and each time she woke to feed wouldn't go back to sleep which she never usually has issues with overnight. So maybe a step forward a step back.
    Not sure what the next step is from here to be honest. I've been sick with a cold all week too plus had a commitment to go away this weekend so I'm pretty drained overall.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default No cry sleep consultant Adelaide

Glad there's a bit of positive change! Friday sounds like it was a great day and,I know for me, having just one great day can see you through the next few not so good ones!

Hopefully the good days will start to outnumber the bad ones for you & bubs.

Best wishes :-)

ETA: hope you feel better soon. It's so draining being sick and stressed and sleep deprived and feeding a baby. Look after yourself!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gingermillie how are things going for you now?

I'm in the same boat with my 4wo DS. I'm struggling so much with getting him to sleep during the day. He is pretty good at night and usually falls back to sleep after a feed.

Day times are a whole other story especially if we are home. Yesterday he was lucky to sleep a total of 1.5 hours broken up in little 20min naps. I struggle to read his tired signs but am getting better, but it doesn't seem to matter, he still won't go to sleep he is just not as worked up if I catch him in time.

Sorry for the ramble. I'm losing it just a tad.

Have you seen a sleep consultant yet? Any progress made?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by looloo711 View Post

I'm in the same boat with my 4wo DS. I'm struggling so much with getting him to sleep during the day. He is pretty good at night and usually falls back to sleep after a feed.

Day times are a whole other story especially if we are home. Yesterday he was lucky to sleep a total of 1.5 hours broken up in little 20min naps. I struggle to read his tired signs but am getting better, but it doesn't seem to matter, he still won't go to sleep he is just not as worked up if I catch him in time.

I understand newborns are all over the place but please remember that this is normal infant behaviour.

Try wearing bub and you will find that he sleeps a lot better on you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by looloo711 View Post

He's 4 weeks old. That's norm. Just try and stick to a routine I find around that age or walk in pram.

You can't expect too much sleep from newborns

11. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (20-09-2015)