+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbleyhorse View Post
    Just a quick question - you mentioned she has reflux - Has your GP prescribed any meds for it? My DD (13wks) was like how you've described your daughter and it wasn't until I got her on losec and cut out dairy & soy from my diet that she settled down. Just thought I would mention it as it may be something to investigate further? Apologies if this is something you've already done.

Best wishes!
    @wobbleyhorse yes she's under care of a paed (she was 4 weeks prem and in special care nursery for 2 weeks). She's on losec but extremely difficult to dose which is a whole other thread. Paed this week mentioned possible cows milk protein intolerance but he said he was doubtful that was the problem. I might try cutting all dairy for 2 weeks and see if it helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    @wobbleyhorse yes she's under care of a paed (she was 4 weeks prem and in special care nursery for 2 weeks). She's on losec but extremely difficult to dose which is a whole other thread. Paed this week mentioned possible cows milk protein intolerance but he said he was doubtful that was the problem. I might try cutting all dairy for 2 weeks and see if it helps.
    Its so frustrating trying to get to the bottom of things! And then when they don't want a bar of the medicine. I used to work as a vet nurse and I would prefer to dose an animal (any animal) than a baby as they can be so stubborn!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbleyhorse View Post
    Its so frustrating trying to get to the bottom of things! And then when they don't want a bar of the medicine. I used to work as a vet nurse and I would prefer to dose an animal (any animal) than a baby as they can be so stubborn!
    Yep I said to DH last night i would rather give her an injection of losec every day than trying to get the liquid into her! Makes getting the cat to swallow a tablet seem so easy now lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    @A-Squared it's the baby sleep consultant (www.babysleepconsultant.com.au). Will let you know. I might contact the whispers cottage too though as they look quite good. I have an appointment at CAFHS too to get assessed for their day program. I am losing it so I really need help. It's 9:30am and she's been up 2 hours and screaming for half an hour straight already and of course refusing to even look like sleeping. Tomorrow can't come soon enough. Even if it doesn't help I feel like I'm doing something.
    I really feel for you. Having a baby scream all day is pretty tough especially when you know they would be so much happier if they just went to sleep rather than fighting it. Hugs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @nh2489. I spent the morning in tears and said some pretty horrible things 😢 then gave up at 12 and went out. Walked around with her in the wrap til 2:30 then she actually fell asleep on me (not ideal my back is killing me but I'll take it) for over 2 hours. So I think she wants to sleep and needs to sleep we're just both clueless as to how to get her there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I understand where you're coming from as today my baby has been much the same. This morning I tried self settling again and it was useless with him getting worked up so I had to hold him crying for about 30 mins to get him to sleep. Then he had about 30 mins sleep before waking and we then went out to a playgroup. When I got home I tried again as my toddler was in bed so I had more time to try and no luck again with me giving in and holding him. I wouldn't mind doing that if he calmed down but he just screams in my arms until he's so tired he falls asleep. Hardly any sleep this afternoon so incredibly grumpy tonight and had to battle to get him to sleep on and off for about 2 hours. He's asleep now but not settled so I think it will be a difficult night.
    Why do these little creatures resist sleep when the reason they are so upset is because they are tired??!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to nh2489 For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (05-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    http://chelseaconnolly.com/method/

This is who we are using.

This is my FOURTH consultant for our family. We ended up doing CIO for DD as I was desperate for sleep before Dd sleep before DS arrived.

I'm more relaxed but still tired she has told me implement naps more so during week as we do so much I forget about it. Eg go out over weekend etc. she said she can help with sleep sure and also tell me what j need to do but do I want to cut back on certisn life style to reach that? I hope that makes sense.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (05-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @gingermillie how did the sleep consultation go?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to nh2489 For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (06-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    http://chelseaconnolly.com/method/

This is who we are using.

This is my FOURTH consultant for our family. We ended up doing CIO for DD as I was desperate for sleep before Dd sleep before DS arrived.

I'm more relaxed but still tired she has told me implement naps more so during week as we do so much I forget about it. Eg go out over weekend etc. she said she can help with sleep sure and also tell me what j need to do but do I want to cut back on certisn life style to reach that? I hope that makes sense.
    Naps are sooooo important. I know some babies can sleep anywhere and any time and are take anywhere kind of babies but the majority aren't. It sucks having to be home for naps - especially when bub has 3-4 with short awake times as newborns.

It has been something I've had to come to accept and that is our lives revolve around my kids nap times. It sucks and life is pretty boring and I find it suffocating, but once they both no longer need naps, I have to accept this is what my kids are like.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (07-09-2015),Lincolns mummy  (06-09-2015),nh2489  (06-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nh2489 View Post
    I understand where you're coming from as today my baby has been much the same. This morning I tried self settling again and it was useless with him getting worked up so I had to hold him crying for about 30 mins to get him to sleep. Then he had about 30 mins sleep before waking and we then went out to a playgroup. When I got home I tried again as my toddler was in bed so I had more time to try and no luck again with me giving in and holding him. I wouldn't mind doing that if he calmed down but he just screams in my arms until he's so tired he falls asleep. Hardly any sleep this afternoon so incredibly grumpy tonight and had to battle to get him to sleep on and off for about 2 hours. He's asleep now but not settled so I think it will be a difficult night.
    Why do these little creatures resist sleep when the reason they are so upset is because they are tired??!
    It's so hard isn't it. The way I try to think about it is this.....

Have you ever been so overtired that when you try to sleep you do but you wake startled after just a short period? I had this a couple of years ago after being awake about 36 hours (with maybe 2 hours sleep at some point). I went to sleep but would wake shortly after, my mind just wouldn't shut off.

I'm pretty sure this is ever happens to overtired babies. If we miss their sleep period they get extra adrenalin and then another burst of awake time, but that just makes it all the harder to settle the next time. It's extremely frustrating as it just feels they are forever fighting sleep....but really thier little body just keeps waking them.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nicsta83 For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (07-09-2015),nh2489  (06-09-2015)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast