+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Confusion

Hi I have recently been on puregon injections I have been off then for a week now had a blood test done on Monday and my HCG levels came back at 41 but my doctor said Progesterone levels are low but never mentioned my HCG levels not sure if he didn't as he is unable to tell me anything at this stage or if I am just not pregnant I am unsure if I can be pregnant with low Progesterone levels has any body been in this position or has any knowledge that could help me.
    Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Do you mean Puregon or Pregnyl?

Have you had a positive pregnancy test? Or are you stimming in an IVF cycle?

Thanks
    Reviews
    If your hcg is 41 you're pregnant.
    Did your dr say anything about progesterone support?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It was puregon but I didn't release my egg till Saturday the test was done Monday after that and HCG was at 41 which I thought was pretty high considering it would have only been fertilised a few days before if that. The dr said wait for a period then start the needles again so I'm confused everyone else I've talked to has said yep your pregnant for sure but he don't want to give an answer so he hasn't offered supplements at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did you trigger to cause ovulation?
    Seems odd they'd do a quantitive hcg blood test 2 days after ovulation.
    Implantation wouldn't generally happen until 5dpo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do just so I've got this right you ovulated on Saturday, then it was Sunday, then they did a blood test the next day on the Monday?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah triggered but was in hospital Monday and they did a test for everything and that's when the HCG came back at 41 and said high chance I was pregnant

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    HCG 41 means you're pregnant. Of course there is a chance that things won't progress - when are you having another blood test to check levels? And if I'm understanding your posts correctly why are they wanting you to recommence puregon injections if you're pregnant? If progesterone is a concern then you should be on supplementation, it won't save a doomed pregnancy but will support a viable pregnancy if there is a progesterone problem. Not sure what is meant by 'low' prog though - really need to know actual levels.
    But also confused that you ovulated and had positive hcg two days later. As another poster has said it is very very likely implantation would not have even occurred yet. Did you trigger ovulation with ovidrel/pregnyl which can give false BFP even on blood test? Normally quantitative hcg blood test is not done until around 16dpo to be sure. Mine at that stage was 222.
    I think you need to have a more detailed discussion with your dr very soon to clarify all this. Can you speak with them tomorrow?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have spoken to the dr he said he didn't know that my HCG levels were high as hospital letter didn't say he is now looking into it but thank you everyone that helped you have been very helpful

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What did you trigger with? How was ovulation confirmed? Isn't there a slight chance you can ovulate without the trigger on puregon, so you could have ovulated earlier. That's really the only way it would make sense....or that it's a trigger with hcg in it