+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Handling My temper

I have a beautiful boy who is now 17 months old and lately I feel like I can't cope with the simplest of things. I'm a first time mum but feel like after 17 months I should have this down pack yet I'm developing this horrible temper and have even started directing it towards my parnter after he comes home from a long day at work and find myself snapping at my little one (i feel like crying after writing that). I know this mothering thing is hard work and all mums may feel this way from time to time but I feel more angry and stressed then anything else Majority of the time...is there any other mums who went through this feeling and have any advice?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Are you home with your child every day? Do you get any time apart?

Like any relationship, being together all the time can put quite a strain on things. He's at that age where he's learning how to push your buttons and you probably feel like you're chasing/telling him 'no'/picking up after him etc all day long! It's normal to feel a bit over it, we all do!

Being a parent never really gets easier in my opinion. It's just different as they grow and you'll find that you're more suited to dealing with some challenges better than others.

It sounds like you need an outlet - whether that be a hobby, study, exercise, socializing - or a combo of these.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

debsch  (28-08-2015),sessy  (28-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sessy View Post
    I have a beautiful boy who is now 17 months old and lately I feel like I can't cope with the simplest of things. I'm a first time mum but feel like after 17 months I should have this down pack yet I'm developing this horrible temper and have even started directing it towards my parnter after he comes home from a long day at work and find myself snapping at my little one (i feel like crying after writing that). I know this mothering thing is hard work and all mums may feel this way from time to time but I feel more angry and stressed then anything else Majority of the time...is there any other mums who went through this feeling and have any advice?
    Hi Sessy, just want to let you know that you are not alone, I to am a first time mum to a 15 month old and have been going through the same thing, so also following for advise

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kcspack For This Useful Post:

sessy  (28-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi love!
    You're definatly not alone, I have a 1 year old son and tbh this past year has been the hardest of my entire life. My temper started becoming more of a problem when he started becoming mobile I think, I have breakdowns at least 3 times a week and I battle with severe depression which really dosnt help at all.
    Infact I spent 2 hours crying my eyes out today!
    I feel like my house is never clean and I can never get anything done, I hate having people around me because then I feel I have to put on my 'brave face' and pretend to enjoy every moment of being mum.
    Don't get me wrong, I love my son with my whole heart and I'd never change him for the world, but this parenting thing is a tough gig!
    I often tell my mil 'why can't i handle it, it's been a year now, why am I struggling?' I often feel like I'm failing my son, I can snap at him and tell him off and when his little bottom lip drops I feel like the worst person in the world. It's hard to admit when you've 'snapped' and I won't go into it, but at one stage I had to take myself to the dr because things started getting bad and I wasn't the best mother.
    You're definatly definatly not alone! I don't really have any advise, but hold in there!
    You're doing the best you can, and if you ever need to chat I'm here, I'm sure all of is are

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Luanajo For This Useful Post:

nh2489  (02-09-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sometimes the anger can be a symptom of depression/ anxiety. Having a baby brings big changes into our lives and a lot of things become out of our control. Have you seen your gp or mchn and talked about how your feeling? For me this was the hardest part but then just saying what was going on was freeing and being able to express it and acknowledge my anger meant it's being directed much more appropriately

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just got this app because i became very frustrated tonight that bubs just wouldnt stop crying and as much as i love him more then anything sometimes i feel i just need a little break and this turned into a mass fight with hubby as he thinks life at home all day with a baby is "easy" and i dont need time to myself! So im so glad to read other mummys struggles! Love to you all! Xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Handling My temper

How's everyone going I come across this poem which really spoke to me.

The important thing is … it’s not too late to stop yelling.

The important thing is … children forgive–especially if they see the person they love trying to change.

The important thing is … life is too short to get upset over spilled cereal and misplaced shoes.

The important thing is … no matter what happened yesterday, today is a new day.

Today we can choose a peaceful response.

And in doing so, we can teach our children that peace builds bridges—bridges that can carry us over in times of trouble.

And i am going to give EFT (emotional freedom technic) ago as it has helped me in the past.
    Last edited by Kcspack; 31-08-2015 at 05:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by kate20153 View Post
    I just got this app because i became very frustrated tonight that bubs just wouldnt stop crying and as much as i love him more then anything sometimes i feel i just need a little break and this turned into a mass fight with hubby as he thinks life at home all day with a baby is "easy" and i dont need time to myself! So im so glad to read other mummys struggles! Love to you all! Xx
    Is bub breast or bottle fed? If bottle fed, leave your DH with the baby for a day and see how 'easy' he finds it!

You've come to the right place. BH is full of lovely ladies and great advice and an awesome place to vent!

I hope you stick around. 😃

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe you need some help or a break from your baby. Sorry I haven't read all the replies. I have an almost 17 month old. He's easy and conent during the day but he doesn't always sleep well at night (one or two weeks he sleeps good then other weeks/days he won't) so I know it can be frustrating. I've also got three other kids too that sometimes do my head in. What I find helps is getting a much needed break. Once a week/month maybe have your little one baby sat by family/friends if you can or maybe have him in daycare one day a week if you're comfortable with that. Instead of getting stressed/angry at little things I try and count to 10 and walk away ( though in my case having 4 kids one of them is bound to follow!) and laugh at life. Go for walks and get out of the house, put on music and dance, join a playgroup and meet other mums.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Responding to reply later