+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Blended Family Struggles

Hi to the world of bubhub mums. I need need need advice.
    I am a 22 yr old mummy of a 2 yr old DS. I am in a relationship and my DF has a 2 1/2 yr old DS as well. We have been through major hurdles in our relationship to do with our children and my DSS's mother and family.
    At the moment my biggest struggle is my DSS being aggressive and violent towards me and my DS. Its sometimes so random but so aggressive and mean. He's a very smart little boy who has a very wide understanding of things. He knows what he does hurts and is wrong but it is CONSTANT. I know its jealousy a lot but its come out of no where really. Towards my DS its been going on for a while to the point where when DSS is here we never take our eyes off him. One of us has to be there every single second. Because we never know what he's going to do next. My DSS has had quite a different upbringing, never wanted for nothing, was never disciplined and was allowed to do anything and get anything. My son though I've brought up all by myself, his "father" has not seen him since he was three months old and I've done my absolute best to instill manners, respect and kindness.
    How do I deal with the complete opposite behaviour which I don't like and also how do I stop my DS from picking up these behaviors? How do I stop a little boy from hurting me and my son?
    Is my relationship doomed?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    How often do you have your DSS?
    You need to be consistent and remember that he is only 2.5. My advice would be to treat him the same way as you treat your son or it will cause issues as they get older.