+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like ur in good hands! Don't waste ur time thinking why me, or why do u have to do IVF, the answer doesn't exist lol, it's just something u have to deal with, not dwell over. I'm happy to hear ur doing everything possible, I reckon DH is right and u'll be preggers soon. Don't freak out abt not being able to cope with IVF, it can be an emotional roller coaster (as is ttc) but it's relatively simple compared to all the stuff that comes with being pregnant!! (in my experience).

Def try the Chinese herbs in the meantime and maybe ask for thyroid and immunity testing prior IVF. All the best!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Infertility is definitely the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with. The uncertainty followed by hope and then followed by rejection every month. The lack of control made me absoloutley mental. Me and hubby almost broke up through it all as I seemed to take all my anger out on him. We tried naturally for 3 years until finally seeing a FS. We started with IUI and over the course of the year where I still had a 'it will just happen' approach finally went for the IVF.

I wish I had just not wasted my time and my emotions and gone to IVF earlier. Have you looked into the costs associated? It is much more affordable these days as medicare cover alot of the expenses, if you have private health insurance (which I don't) it will cover even more. If you live in Sydney there is even a bulk billed IVF clinic.
    I went on the endo diet, cut alcohol and exercised everyday (to cope with my mental state more than anything) and after 2 EPU's and on my 3rd transfer finally got a positive result. Unfortunatley we didn't get many eggs at my EPU's.

Infertility and IVF is a torturous road, it takes over your life and relationships, however it is worth a shot. Try not to spend too much time focusing on why me, there are so many of us out there going through the same thing, I'm sure even people you know, not many people talk about having fertility issues. I try to look at it as I am lucky to have IVF as an option, 30 years ago if we were in this situation we wouldn't have alternative options. Science is amazing! Look after yourself xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    We looked into ivf and it is 11k upfront and you get 6k back from medicare and private health but luckily money is not an issue for us thank goodness. I could have not afforded it 5 years ago but ever since hubby started his own business we don't need to stress about money anymore which I think makes it easier emotionally too.

I think I decided to try clomid (higher dose) and then when we are overseas later this year where I cannot be monitored I will go on Chinese herbs and we do ivf when get back either in January or February. I don't think I am emotionally quite ready for ivf before our big trip late this year and 4 major birthdays coming up in November...

I am eating paleo - gluten free, dairy free and sugar free. Only just started it in July and it's hard... I also started the gym 5x40 min per week running a month ago... I am only 58kg on 170cm though so I don't do it for weight loss but it seems to help me cope with stress. Also doing acupuncture.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Hang in there. Hopefully the IVF works quite quickly and then you can get past having infertility define your life but for the moment know that there is a whole massive group of women on here (and in real life) who are going through/have gone through the same thing.

Genea know what they are doing (I'm looking at a Genea baby right now) so have faith in them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Don't spend your energy wondering why you, why IVF.
    There are no answers to that, and no one 'deserves' sub fertility or infertility.
    I am currently pregnant after IVF (1 fresh transfer, 3 frozen). I did 3 x IUI before that. I have no diagnosis, no reason, nothing to treat.

For me, the only thing that helped was realising I had no control, and to give up trying to control things. My body is setting the pace here, Im just along for the ride. Its frustrating, but once I gave up trying to control the process it was much easier. I remind myself that if it only works 35% of the time, then 65% of the time it won't.

IVF isn't terrible. It isn't fun, but its not the worst thing in the world. Its confronting to realise you need it. Good luck

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SJ565 For This Useful Post:

beej79  (31-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think what's really important here is how sad you're feeling. That really comes through in your writing. It seems you're so sad because you just never expected to have to struggle like this to do something that some other people do so easily. Are you talking to your friends and family about how hard it is for you or are you trying to hide your pain?

Feeling sad is natural and oh so very understandable when you're facing a long and hard road, but it's not something to leave too long without getting some support - you went so far as to say you're depressed...not sure if you mean in general or only in relation to ttc. If you feel your mood has deteriorated - if you are tired or tearful or irritable or your sleep/appetite has changed, please go find a friend, a family member, a psychologist who you can cry with and pour it all out.

Some of the urgency you feel may be contributing to your distress too...who cares if your partner is an older dad?! It doesn't matter. Your health and well being matters more. You might have to give up stressing yourself over the small things so you can focus on the long game and come through it with your sanity and health it's a hard road but you're not walking it alone.

As hard as it is when you're feeling so low, try to remember that chances are you'll get pregnant, you'll have a baby bump to post on facebook, and you'll have that beautiful baby to love and care for. In time.

Xoxo all the best

8. The Following User Says Thank You to hochie For This Useful Post:

beej79  (31-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Try Jason Jackson

I posted this in another forum. I know how you feel. We had been trying for a year. I have PCOS and my husband had a low sperm count. We did 6 rounds of clomid and 2 iui's before having a much needed break for a year. It was so stressful and frustrating having no success at all. When we decided to ttc again I wanted to try something totally different. A friend recommended us to try the naturopath Jason Jackson and I could not speak more highly of him. He was at Greenslopes in Brisbane and is now based on the Sunshine Coast. He is amazing. We had been on Jason's program for six weeks only before falling pregnant and now have a beautiful healthy son. My sister was having difficulties and she saw Jason and was pregnant 4 weeks later. She's currently 10wks. Jason is so friendly and helpful and he treats the males too not just females. His powders and things work!! I will definitely be going back to him for number 2. For those having trouble ttc I highly recommend trying Jason.