+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Several health issues and very worried 37 weeks pregnant

Hi everyone,
    I am in a panic and very worried about the lack of communication from my hospital. I am 37+2 weeks pregnant, I have a low lying placenta 1.3cm from cervix, I also have gestational diabetes and am on high doses of lunch, dinner and over night insulins, my baby is transverse and I have been just advised tonight by a midwife that I am gbs positive. I have been advised since I was put on insulin I shouldn't go past 38 to 39 weeks, I was then advised due to placenta previa I shouldn't go past 37 to 38 weeks as I could bleed very badly. I have been told I will be booked in for a csection in the 28th or the 4th as I couldn't go past the 4th its to dangerous and Fridays are the days my hospital team do csections , I have also been told I would be this Monday the 31st as that's when they do high risk csections with senior surgeon and the paper work for that date will be sent to me. Anyway I went in for my appointment today and ctg, I was expecting 100% I would get a csection date, I was advised by the reception lady at the hospital my file was update that I already had my baby, I was in shock why that would happen, it took them two hours to find my file so I couldn't start the ctg or see the doctor till they found it, then I had two hours of ctg monitoring and they said they could t get a good enough reading from the baby so I was advised to have my doctors appointment and then go to emergency for more scanning as they were closing the monitoring room for the night. I then saw a doctor who I have seen twice, I usually see all different people who tell me all different things, she didn't check my stomach, my blood pressure nothing just told me I can't be booked in for my csection because they are fully booked next week so she will let me just go another week and see what happens. I then went to book another appointment for next week and they said they have none left someone will call me next week and give me one, I then went to emergency and waited so I could get more monitoring done, after a hour they said they got a good scan if the baby and the midwife told me because I tick all the high risk boxes I need to be very careful and she doesn't know why I am not in hospital, she also said I was gbs positive which my doctor hadn't even said anything and told me if I started having contractions, my water breaks, bleeding pretty much anything call a ambulance, my partner said if she's ok I could just drive her and the midwife said I need medical attention straight away as I am very high risk. I just don't know what to do, I don't know if I should call the hospital and make a complaint, I don't know if I should just leave things. Has anyone else had similar problems or anyone have any advice?
    Last edited by Leahg; 27-08-2015 at 23:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If I was you I would be refusing to leave the hospital until you had answers and dates booked. I think it's time for you to put your foot down and demand some answers. How awful for you, hopefully things get sorted very soon for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    And yes I would be putting in a complaint.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, I think I will call tomorrow and make a complaint. My partner thinks if I do it before the baby is born I will cause more trouble for myself and I should just wait till after the baby is born.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No you need to do it now. It seems like they have no idea what is going on. You need to call tomorrow and say to them that you need an appointment with OB asap and if you're not given one say that you will be making a formal complaint. When you see the OB demand to know what is going on, this is you and your baby health and to be honest they don't seem to be taking things very seriously. They had on your file that you already had the baby, that is disgraceful!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also are you at the Royal Women's in Melbourne?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes it's the royal women's

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Several health issues and very worried 37 weeks pregnant

Yeah that doesn't surprise me. You are very much treated like a number in that place. Having said that I went through the midwife program (cosmos) for both of my pregnancies and it was fantastic, highly recommend it. Your really need to sit down with an OB and make a plan and book in procedures. I went high risk towards the end of my 1st pregnancy and kept getting told things like we will book in induction at this date, after you have had ctg, bloods etc but then I would see I different OB and that plan would change so I completely know how you feel. This is probably not ideal and I didn't do it on purpose, I just couldn't take it any longer but I completely broke down at one of my appointments and I truly think that made the OB listen to me and actually make a plan/book in dates. Having said all this my ds had his own plan so his birth was nothing like we had organised. Good luck I hope you get some answers.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Happymum2 For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (29-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks very much, I am going to call tomorrow and ask to speck to someone about everything and hopefully get stuff sorted, I feel if someone didn't put me down as my baby was born I may have had a set date. I really don't know, hopefully it's all sorted tomorrow! Thanks for all your advice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Cry, scream & yell until you are booked in! How dare they put you & your baby at risk like that! If the first person you speak to doesn't listen ask to speak to their boss & keep moving up the chain till you get answers, don't worry about upsetting them & having to see them in hospital, in the scheme of things you aren't in hospital for long & your healthy in your arms is what matters.!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (29-08-2015),Happymum2  (28-08-2015)