+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Try this, exercise 2: http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/ART00521...exercises.html

I had some success with it, even though i didn't stick with it.
    I've had insomnia since i was about 10yo, and have tried everything (including stillnox, which made me hallucinate for 6 hours! Never again!). And honestly the only thing that worked was drastically reducing my sugar intake. I have no more than 6-8 teaspoons of sugar per day (which is the amount reccomended by WHO), and now i fall asleep within 20 mins and stay asleep all night. The difference is amazing.

Good luck, sending some zzzzzz's your way

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Frankenmum For This Useful Post:

harvs  (28-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NoteToSelf View Post
    Magnesium supplements, preferably transdermally (Epsom salt baths or magnesium oil from the chemist)
    I second this. I suffer from insomnia, both falling asleep and staying asleep, and was averaging 4 hours broken a night for months. I started taking magnesium carbonate supplements a month ago and the days I forget, my sleep is crap and when I'm vigilant, I sleep really well. You can't just but any old stuff from the chemist though, most products available are crap and not easily absorbed. PM me if you want specific info on where I get mine.

I considered transdermal stuff but opted for a tablet because for me it's easier to do and remember.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

harvs  (28-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lavender oil on your pillow works wonders for me

6. The Following User Says Thank You to heplusme For This Useful Post:

harvs  (28-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Following. I don't have trouble getting to sleep. But currently waking between 1-3am and finding it v hard to get back to sleep. Not fun.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

harvs  (28-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If it's stress related try exercise. I know that's not what you want to do when you're so tired, but a good cardio session will release endorphins, relax you, and stop your brain ticking over.
    All the other options are good too...no screen time before bed, reduce sugar intake, limit caffeine in the afternoon etc. You could try medication for a couple of days, just so you have the energy to start adapting the other techniques to reduce your insomnia.
    Also, have a look at what you're eating. Sulphites give me the worst insomnia. So, they're found in red wine, beer (I think), lunch meats, dried fruits, sausages, and a range of other foods.
    Last edited by Full House; 28-08-2015 at 10:49.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

harvs  (28-08-2015)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Thanks everyone. I do do a lot of things that I know as PPs have pointed out aren't helping me to be in the optimum state for sleep so I guess I'll start there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Just like bubs you have to catch the sleepy window so if you are on the couch and feel sleepy, go to bed.

Also try reading a textbook. Doesn't matter what sort, they are usually mentally challenging enough that your brain might choose sleep over learning.

The other thing I'd suggest is if you are doing any meditation tracks you really have to visualise the things. You have to try for them to work.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hit me with your insomnia remedies!

When I have an insomnia period, I listen to an audio track by Glenn Harold. Works for me every time and I fall asleep quicker and have better quality. If you have an i-product, you can DL it from iTunes. The full version is a few bucks, but there is a freebie as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I cannot eat any sugar or have any caffeine at any time of the day. If I have none I can sleep. Otherwise I'm screwed. If I drank half a glass of coke at lunch I'd sleep 3 hrs that night. I've never drank coffee. If I eat a chocolate no sleep.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to grumpysmurf For This Useful Post:

made2bAmummy  (30-08-2015)