+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Need suggestions for shopping for the baby

Hi ladies! I just moved to Australia and having a baby in about a month. Ive noticed products here are not the ones in Europe, please help me out with suggestions for good washing liquid for newborn clothes, body wash, baby oil and infant formulas. Myself and hubby are both allergic and I have highly sensitive skin, so would prefer something for sensitive skin/tummy. All children in my family have had milk allergy when born, should I try smth without cow milk based for the baby? Thank you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Need suggestions for shopping for the baby

Welcome and congrats!
    We used purity sensitive liquid (it has a baby on the bottle) for washing.

Most baths we didn't use product at all just water once or twice a week we would use bath oil from a brand like QV. Now as a 1 year old we use Aveeno sensitive but I'm not sure about that on newborn skin. For after bath care I used a bit of oil (we had rosehip, avocado and macadamia on rotation).

I'm not sure about formulas and milk as we just used a dairy formula.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I second purity and QV. My son was lactose intolerant and had s26 lactose free for 9 months with no problems. I don't know if that fits your needs so maybe discussing with a chemist or Dr is best for all 3 products if your unsure

Thanks
    Reviews
    Karicare Allerpro is another one that had most of the dairy broken down in it. It can be used or babies with a history of allergies.

I also second QV baby wash and I also found the curash oatmeal bath really good. I had a friend with baby with sensitive skin and she found the goat milk formulas and bath soap a godsend.