Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Or it could be twins - that might explain the high hcg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    The clearblue tests tell you how many days post conception so if it's saying 3+ it means 21 days post conception (whereas you think it's only 10).

3 weeks post conception on an average cycle should be five weeks pregnant counting from the first day of your last period.

The threshold for the test to say 3+ is 2518 HCG, but the tests are a little unreliable and lots of women don't get the 3+ till their HCG is up around 3000.

See this study on Clear Blue thresholds: http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_d...ws/K112870.pdf

If your last period was less than five weeks ago then I'd be guessing twins or just unusually high HCG.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have had super high HCG levels with both my singleton pregs, and the clear blue tests always tell me the wrong dates. My hcg triples every 2-3 days instead of the usual double, but it also peaks a lot earlier, around the same levels that other woman reach.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm hoping for unusually high levels and not twins !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Good luck today xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I tested at 4+1 and got a 3+ weeks result with my DS. I had bloods done at 4+4 and the level was 2920 so there's no way I was over 2000 when I did the test. I think that the tests are very inaccurate and create a lot of unnecessary stress! My hcg levels were high throughout the pregnancy but it was just one healthy bubba. Congratulations!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the encouragement that the tests may not be 100% correct - I hope that is the case!

Off to get bloods done today and an early dating ultrasound at the end of next week so see how we go

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsABC For This Useful Post:

monkeymama  (29-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi mums

Thought I would update you all - had a scan today and found out I'm actually 6w3d pregnant - and not twins! So the test was correct, it had been 3+ weeks since conception!

My last period must have not been a real period at all which is why I was so confused.

Thank you all for your help

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsABC For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (03-09-2015),NicT  (03-09-2015)