+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question Dr O'Rouke Canberra for IVF and fees

Has anyone recently seen Dr O'Rouke in Canberra for IVF? How did you find him and if you don't mind me asking what was your final fees including what the health fund pays?

I am about to start the injections for infertility but if they don't work my next option is IVF and I need to know the costs as our insurance doesn't cover IVF and if I want to use insurance I will have to wait for 12 months. Just trying to get all our finances sorted. Thank you so much for your help.

Jenny

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think he uses cbr fertility centre as his lab. All their fees for ivf are on the cfc Web site. I didn't use him but another Dr that uses the same centre and therefore the same fees.

All private health covery is the day surgery fee that was about $1000. I didn't have health cover for ivf so I had to pay for the day surgery but still got about $400 back from Medicare and my health insurance. You'll pay more in extra insurance fees in a year than you'll get back. I got lucky first go, but if it takes a few rounds then your health insurance may pay off. I wouldn't wait though.

I recall all up I was about $3k out of pocket but I'd already hit the safety net. You'll have a financial 'councelling' session to explain all the costs before you start too.

Similar Threads

1. Financial planner fees?
    By BigweeBigwee in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-01-2015, 21:06
  2. How much are your PRIVATE school fees?
    By Ishtyban in forum General Chat
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 21-11-2014, 16:53