Closed Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh that sucks about the ambulance. They can be really funny about types of circumstances they will cover. When your back on your feet look at separate ambo cover. We have PHI but I also pay $25 per quarter for ambo cover direct with Ambulance Victoria (family of 4) for extra piece of mind.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to goldencrumble For This Useful Post:

moosey  (26-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We pay $151 a year for family ambo cover here in SA....that seems expensive!?

Op I don't really have any advice but wanted to wish u all the best. You have been given some great advice here xxx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

moosey  (26-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by goldencrumble View Post
    Oh that sucks about the ambulance. They can be really funny about types of circumstances they will cover. When your back on your feet look at separate ambo cover. We have PHI but I also pay $25 per quarter for ambo cover direct with Ambulance Victoria (family of 4) for extra piece of mind.
    Yes definitely doing this. Ambulance cover through health insurance can be a bit hit and miss I think!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    We pay $151 a year for family ambo cover here in SA....that seems expensive!?

Op I don't really have any advice but wanted to wish u all the best. You have been given some great advice here xxx
    We used to pay $150 per family in Vic but the new government cut the price by 50% which was nice!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 3bubbys For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (26-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you have any old phones you can get some money for? Jewellery? Sorry I've been trying to think of things.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kazza78 For This Useful Post:

moosey  (26-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hecs

Does your husband have a HECS debt? Last year we were struggling and I rang them in regards to financial hardship and they can defer your repayments for a year and they can also refund you the compulsory repayments you made last year. It was a little bit f paper work, but it only took about half an hour to fill in, they were really helpful over the phone as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello and first of all good luck with everything....

I do not have much advice however these are things that I would do...

Cancel private health, only have ambulance cover...seriously, I do not see the difference in public or private.

Cook meals to last you 2 days so you only cook around 3 times a week.
    Dominos has $5 pizza also

Check out your local children's centre, they offer occasional care, that way you can work more, maybe even a 2nd job

Sell items that are not needed, you would be surprised

With your bills....do easy pay, I think it's called, every fortnight or month put money into that

If things are close by, walk if you can, save the petrol in your car

Don't buy things if you can borrow them. (Books, DVDs, etc)

Before you buy ask yourself (do I need it? Know the difference between a need and "want")

All the very best of luck to you.

You have been given great advice from people.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you have paid upfront for 12 months worth of insurance (or something similar), you could shop around for a better deal or the same deal elsewhere and sign up to the new service with a monthly payment option. Then cancel the original service and get a refund.

You won't necessarily save money in the long term but could help generate a few hundred dollars in the short term.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Help! I've got no money for bills

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    actually I was asking because I'm trying to help. I see no value in someone asking for help and people offering advice like "make 2 minute noodles". if someone is behind on their mortgage and car repayments, there's obviously more going on than just being a little short that week.

I'm an accountant and also run my own business helping clients manage cash flow and getting out of financial strife. if I'm asking pointy questions, it's out of a genuine desire to help. I'm not trying to put the OP down in any way shape or form thankyou very much.
    Can you apply for night fill positions so hubby is home with kids and then when he's at work you are home?
    Last edited by lilypily; 26-08-2015 at 18:29.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (26-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamyMummy View Post
    May I ask where you sign up for market research?
    I can't remember how I found it but I think I just googled market research Melbourne and registered with a company.

I get emails quite frequently inviting me to participate. a lot of times I don't qualify but it's worth it when you do.

just start with a Google search and ensure any company you register with is (well appears to be!) legit

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast