+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearlygirl View Post
    Sorry for thread crashing, but for those with small rooms and kids sharing, how do you fit them in?

We're not sure if we will be able to afford to move before we have bub 2, and I'm all for the kids sharing as little ones, but I'm not sure how I would fit a cot and a bed/toddler bed in the one room when one entire wall is a BIR (takes up a whole wall for cot/bed space). I kinda wish they made cot bunkbeds haha!

Any hot tips?
    We couldn't really fit two single beds in our second room for this reason some swapped bedrooms with the kids. There was plenty of space for beds in the master bedroom

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have two boys aged 7 and 4 sharing and they love it. No real plan, actually have an empty bedroom. Initially I put them together as I was expecting a baby and wanted to put baby in own room but he was stillborn and now I can't make a decision about the room. So they are happy together, also my oldest child is nearly 18 so I figure one day her room will be free so even we go again the sharing arrangement won't last forever. Or we may extend. It's a possibility just undecided if we really want to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh and mine have a small room but with a built in. They are in bunks which I hate but room won't fit two beds. They also have storage cube for toys

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh ours is a 2 double bed place... so the kids share a double room.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We're in a 3 bedroom home and about to have our 4th child.

There is 19 months between my first 2 (boy/girl) and they shared when number 3 came along so he could have the other room. Now he's 2.5 and he and my eldest who is 5.5 (3 years between them) now share and my girl has her own room.

Baby number 4 is a boy, and will room in with us for quite some time, and then will go in with my daughter. She will be 4.5 when he's born, and he probably won't go in with her for a good year. I think she will really enjoy having him in with her because she's a bit of a mother hen and can't wait to help me out with baby.

As far as what we plan on doing as they grow up, well each of their room fits 2 beds, so they won't go in bunks, but instead we've decided that as each of them turns 6, they will be getting a loft bed. So they will sleep on top and have a desk underneath where they can do their homework and keep all their things and have their own little space to themselves.

We will probably move one day, but at this point in our lives financially it's not on the cards, so we are looking at doing this long term at this stage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our kids currently share a room and have been for about 3 years. DS is 9 and DD is 6. We have a 3 bedroom house so there is space for them to have their own rooms but they enjoy sharing and it frees up the other room for toys and a spare bed for when my mum visits. We don't have a time limit on it, we're just going with the flow. Once one of them is unhappy with the situation we'll separate them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearlygirl View Post
    Sorry for thread crashing, but for those with small rooms and kids sharing, how do you fit them in?

We're not sure if we will be able to afford to move before we have bub 2, and I'm all for the kids sharing as little ones, but I'm not sure how I would fit a cot and a bed/toddler bed in the one room when one entire wall is a BIR (takes up a whole wall for cot/bed space). I kinda wish they made cot bunkbeds haha!

Any hot tips?
    You can get bunk beds where the bottom bed is practically on the floor - my kids have all been out of cots by 14 months so that would have worked for us, but if you really want little one in a cot, you could easily get a loft bed and put the cot underneath? Google Loft Bed with Cot underneath and look at images. It could work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My kids will each be getting one of these beds for their 6th birthdays

http://www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/S59028484/