+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Tell me about your kids who share bedrooms...

I used to have dd1 and dd2 share a room it started when dd1 was 3ish they shared for about 5 years it worked well, occasionally they would have there bad nights but being 22months apart I think helped, they liked the same things went to sleep around the same time and loved being around each other :-)

currently the 3 older ones ( dss, dd1 and dd2) have their own rooms
    Once dd3 is 3 (another year) she will be moved out of my room into dd2 room (it's the old master bedroom so plenty of space ) there is 5 years between them.
    once ds1 needs his own room (he is only 5months) dss should have moved out he is 17, if not we would need to look at getting a bigger house.
    I don't want dd1 and dd2 to share again dd1 needs her own space she would have suited being an only child 😁

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry for thread crashing, but for those with small rooms and kids sharing, how do you fit them in?

We're not sure if we will be able to afford to move before we have bub 2, and I'm all for the kids sharing as little ones, but I'm not sure how I would fit a cot and a bed/toddler bed in the one room when one entire wall is a BIR (takes up a whole wall for cot/bed space). I kinda wish they made cot bunkbeds haha!

Any hot tips?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I shared with my sister until about 9 when we moved. 3 year age gap. My mum did the same thing as other posters- gave us the master and took the smaller room

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by lolly137; 17-09-2015 at 19:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bunks. I got one with the bottom bed on the ground, I think DD was about 2 when she started sleeping in it? The top bunk is not very high

http://www.fortywinks.com.au/saturn-...ure-white.html

Thanks
    Reviews
    My girls started sharing about 3 weeks ago and so far it's going great, much more smoothly than I was expecting. DD1 is 4 (almost 5) and DD2 is 2y3m. They absolutely love it. We have the room for them to have separate bedrooms but the room they are sharing is the old master bedroom before the house was renovated so it's huge and seems a waste to give to one child, plus I think it's good for them to share. I wouldn't expect them to share once in high school and will probably stop a few years before then but we'll just see how it goes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearlygirl View Post
    Sorry for thread crashing, but for those with small rooms and kids sharing, how do you fit them in?

We're not sure if we will be able to afford to move before we have bub 2, and I'm all for the kids sharing as little ones, but I'm not sure how I would fit a cot and a bed/toddler bed in the one room when one entire wall is a BIR (takes up a whole wall for cot/bed space). I kinda wish they made cot bunkbeds haha!

Any hot tips?
    2 single beds in a normal sized room. But there's nothing else, just the beds and a double BIR with their clothes in it. Bunk beds freak me out but that's probably due to my fear of heights.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilahh View Post
    What ages, what age gap and what gender have you got sharing a bedroom? Do you have a time limit for how long? If you have more kids than bedrooms, what is your plan for adolescence? Will you move or will the kids share until they move out? Anything else I should consider?
    9 year old girl, and 7 year old boy. Have always shared a bedroom (after DSS turned 2 months).

We are planning on moving in the next few weeks as we are expecting. Can't put 3 in one room. We are hoping to get a 4 bedroom, so each kid will have their own room, but a spacious 3 bed is fine too, and the older 2 will continue to share. Then the younger two once the younger is old enough, as the eldest will be hitting the teen stage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Tell me about your kids who share bedrooms...

Quote Originally Posted by Pearlygirl View Post

Any hot tips?
    Single bed plus trundle

We have 2 girls 5&3 yo that have shared for the past 18-24mths. Bub #3 is due next month so if it's another girl I'd be happy putting all three together till adolescence and further, personality depending. If the next one is a boy then I would consider a separate space in their teens.

I'm with @Party of Three - own rooms are a privilege not a right.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

I'm having a similar issue, I have of each and I think it's time for separate rooms. Ages are 3 & 1.
    I like the single bed with the trudle idea, however hubby does not.

Thinking of a single bed or a double now. It's actually harder to decide than I thought.

If same gender I would easy go a bunk beds.