+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default 4cm 40 weeks how much longer

40 weeks today, 4cm dilated, soft short cervix (1cm thick) on and off contractions. How much longer
    have you been 4cm and not progressed?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to maternidade For This Useful Post:

nelljm  (24-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not exactly the same, but I was going to be induced at 38 wks (medical reasons) & at my 37 wk check I was 3cm dilated & 50% effaced, having contractions on &off, & was so ready to give birth any moment! The midwife gave me a small S&S,&I was sure I would go into labour before my induction. I did the spicy food, bouncing on the fitball &long walks, s@x, &expressing colostrum. Sad to say,nothing happened &I was still induced at 38wks, sorry. I hope you do go into labour soon! I also tried 'not thinking about it, having a long bath &relaxing', I think if its going to happen,it will. All the best of luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was 4cm at a check up midmorning with DS2, they gave me a S&S, I went into established labour at about 7pm and bub was born not long after that. I was 41 weeks.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had to have my waters broken to get things going, s&s didn't work for me despite being 4cm too. Hope it starts soon for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maternidade View Post
    40 weeks today, 4cm dilated, soft short cervix (1cm thick) on and off contractions. How much longer
    have you been 4cm and not progressed?
    If it's your second Bub then 1-3 days.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 4cm 40 weeks how much longer

Yep I think another day or so and your Bub will be here. With ds2 I was 4cm at my 40 week ob appointment, had a s&s, contractions started mildly that night and he was born the next day. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bub is probably posterior. Your cervix will dilate quickly if bubs head is sitting perfectly on the cervix. Posterior positioned babies take longer to dilate and contractions are intermittent. Try rocking on all fours then walking to get Bub rotating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was 4cm for three weeks and ended up being induced. My bubs head was high though and it was my fourth which may have contributed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not exactly the same but I was 3cm from 37 weeks, had a s&s at 38 weeks and another at 39 weeks and had to be induced at 40+4 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    At my 40wk app with 2nd baby I was 3-4cm had a s&s two weeks later had another s&s (late arvo) and was 4-5cm went into labour late that night.