+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I will definitely ask them Tuesday but yes I think I'm getting over excited , cause it's what I would like to do - my office manager thought it was a great idea but again she loves getting away ! Im just trying to think of better ideas than our standard fancy dinner

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The idea wouldn't appeal to me.

When DHs business do well they go to a super duper fancy restaurant with lots of cocktail drinks before and after and all the staff gets a generous end of year bonus.

Personally I'd rather have extra cash than knowing all that money has been wasted on a fancy house IYKWIM.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (24-08-2015),HollyGolightly81  (24-08-2015),Janesmum123  (24-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just to add my 2 cents having only read up to page 3 of comments...

It feels like a nice idea, but would not be my cup of tea... I think the house is fantastic but is just not appropriate for how many people you have attending... (Maybe save it for a girls weekend or family holiday or something...) I don't think it's appropriate to ask colleagues to share a bed, or even a room (I actually think as an employer you prob need to be very careful about the whole sharing a bed thing - someone may not want to go against the grain and speak up if they are uncomfortable but might feel they have grounds for an 'issue' post the event...) As someone who 'snores' due to a respiratory issue, being asked to share a room with a colleague would be very uncomfortable for me...

I get along well with my colleagues, but to spend a weekend away with them would not be by idea if a great time simply because weekend time with my family is pretty scared to me....

But you seem like a great boss!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Juzz For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (24-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Other ideas for something different.

Dinner and a show
    A hotel voucher

Bowling (I know sounds weird but a fun night team building) I bet they would except that.

A voucher for Christmas food/a huge Christmas hamper.

Something really different but there us nothing on earth like celebrating your success by giving someone else a hand up.
    Do something do a fun charity day.
    Eg packing hampers for the needed

Break them into groups of 2 that they normally would work with. Take the to a shopping centre and each couple X amount of money and description of a needing family (don't forget the parents as they often don't get anything) and set a time limit. Than wrap the gifts as a group and drop them off at a centre. Most St Vincent De Paul could give a family in needs description.

A family party. Invite the group plus their family. Have fun presents for everyone.
    Lots of food
    Than play games like.
    A present cent sale. Each person get a sheet of gift tags. Which they write from them and to someone else in the group. Than have a mixture of hood bad and jokey gifts each with a bucket. Etc. When everyone has put in the tickets(gift tag) in bucket you draw a ticket to who gets it.
    A Christmas song battle or charades.
    Another group game using play dough instead of drawing do a Pictonary type thing.
    Treasure hunt. By giving clues that leads to pieces of a map.
    Etc..
    Last edited by LoveLivesHere; 24-08-2015 at 07:27.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Curby  (24-08-2015),Elijahs Mum  (24-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Work xmas party - what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    I will definitely ask them Tuesday but yes I think I'm getting over excited , cause it's what I would like to do - my office manager thought it was a great idea but again she loves getting away ! Im just trying to think of better ideas than our standard fancy dinner
    What about hiring a luxury yacht for the afternoon/evening and cruising around while enjoying a huge seafood buffet?

Or charter seaplanes to somewhere like Jonahs at whale beach or banisters at mollymook? That would be a super cool experience.

I haven't looked at prices so I could be way off, just nice luxury options.
    Last edited by mummymaybe; 24-08-2015 at 07:21.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mummymaybe For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (24-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mummymaybe View Post
    What about hiring a luxury yacht for the afternoon/evening and cruising around while enjoying a huge seafood buffet?

Or charter seaplanes to somewhere like Jonahs at whale beach or banisters at mollymook? That would be a super cool experience.

I haven't looked at prices so I could be way off, just nice luxury options.
    We definitely think alike! I looked into private yacht - they charge $4000 a hour! Jonah's is the top of our list for lunch ( will look into sea plane today!) and I looked into everyone staying a night at Bannisters and doing dinner but DH felt it was just that little bit too far away ( 3 hours drive from here) for just 1 night ( might put that on the target list next year and try stay 2 nights)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was going to say the same - sailing around the harbour - but $4000 an hour is exorbitant!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLivesHere View Post
    Other ideas for something different.

Dinner and a show
    A hotel voucher

Bowling (I know sounds weird but a fun night team building) I bet they would except that.

A voucher for Christmas food/a huge Christmas hamper.

Something really different but there us nothing on earth like celebrating your success by giving someone else a hand up.
    Do something do a fun charity day.
    Eg packing hampers for the needed

Break them into groups of 2 that they normally would work with. Take the to a shopping centre and each couple X amount of money and description of a needing family (don't forget the parents as they often don't get anything) and set a time limit. Than wrap the gifts as a group and drop them off at a centre. Most St Vincent De Paul could give a family in needs description.

A family party. Invite the group plus their family. Have fun presents for everyone.
    Lots of food
    Than play games like.
    A present cent sale. Each person get a sheet of gift tags. Which they write from them and to someone else in the group. Than have a mixture of hood bad and jokey gifts each with a bucket. Etc. When everyone has put in the tickets(gift tag) in bucket you draw a ticket to who gets it.
    A Christmas song battle or charades.
    Another group game using play dough instead of drawing do a Pictonary type thing.
    Treasure hunt. By giving clues that leads to pieces of a map.
    Etc..
    I love all those ideas! If the house idea had worked out I wanted to organise a treasure hunt during the day for the kids and parents and make it really fun

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyW View Post
    I was going to say the same - sailing around the harbour - but $4000 an hour is exorbitant!!
    I know! Most of those boats can hold up to 40 people, we only have 20 ( including partners) so I suppose if you had a bigger company it would work out more cost effective

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm thinking before I bring it up in the meeting tomorrow should I send an individual email out today saying something like -

xmas party thoughts! It's time to start planning so give us your ideas on what you would like to do ! lunch/dinner, kids or no kids , weekend away, restaurant recommendations, activities?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (24-08-2015)