+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I would go here. I was going to have my hens here. It's closer to home too but maybe not as luxurious as northern beaches

http://m.stayz.com.au/#propertyDetails/32828
    That looks cool! I just thought Palm beach as yes we've never been before and it's quite fancy! I was even thinking south Coast like Gerringong or even Mollymook but that's too far to drive I think

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin275 View Post
    This honestly sounds amazing.

Are you hiring?

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Totally agree. 😜

3. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (23-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Disclaimer - haven't read other replies. I like my colleagues and consider us close ( small office too) but I wouldn't want to spend the whole weekend ( especially near Xmas holidays) with them. I love my weekends with my family I only get 52 of them a year ( and as DH works every 2nd weekend really only 26 as a family). I also use them to catch up on cooking, cleaning, shopping.
    I know it's a 1 off but I still don't like the idea and would feel pressured into it.
    I also wouldn't want to share a room let alone a bed with colleagues.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to maternidade For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    It's about an hour and a bit from where we all live so hiring a mini van would be cheaper than taxis if they wanted to get home , The house is quite expensive to rent as its a luxury holiday rental plus it's huge so I think would be too excessive just to have DH and I stay ( even though I'm sure we would cope quite well!) and its a few thousand a night so hiring 2 would definitely break the budget

I might just ask for their ideas for our party and then throw mine in and see how they respond , I know when we briefly mentioned xmas parties at last weeks meeting they all said they wanted seafood this year so that's what got me thinking about something different
    If it's s few thousand can you strike a deal with a nice hotel instead and pay for staff accommodation then partners/ family can stay too

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maternidade For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (23-08-2015),~Marigold~  (23-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maternidade View Post
    If it's s few thousand can you strike a deal with a nice hotel instead and pay for staff accommodation then partners/ family can stay too
    I'm thinking that as well - DH just thought a big house would be easier as it would be just all of us and our own pool and things and not sharing with other hotel guests , when we added up 8 nice hotel rooms we worked out we could afford this house instead

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    *Disclaimer - I haven't read many of the responses*
    A dinner or lunch for Christmas would be preferable than a weekend. As generous as the offer sounds, I don't want to spend time with my colleagues, I already spend more time with them than I do my own children. I would also resent it if DH were to go away for a weekend. Christmas is a busy time, weekends get booked up and there's barely any time to do anything.

A lunch or dinner, gift card, week day off to do shopping would be much preferable than extended time away from the family.

I would never want to share a room with a colleague, let alone a bed. If I really had to go away then I'd want my own room with ensuite bathroom for me to consider. As for asking if female colleagues would share a bed, would you ask the same of male colleagues?

The offer is extremely generous though and for that I really applaud you.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=Busy-Bee;

I would never want to share a room with a colleague, let alone a bed. If I really had to go away then I'd want my own room with ensuite bathroom for me to consider. As for asking if female colleagues would share a bed, would you ask the same of male colleagues?

The offer is extremely generous though and for that I really applaud you. [/QUOTE]

I suppose I just assumed the girls would prefer the queen rooms as they have their own bathrooms and would be nicer! I could give the boys one queen room and a blow up bed and 4 girls the 4 bunk bed room but then they wouldn't have a bathroom and I would assume it would be a smaller room ( won't know until we see it)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Can you present each of them a voucher for a weekend away? There are so many deals around for weekend hotel packages and if it is within your budget (based on what you've said it could be) you could give your staff spa or hotel gift vouchers.. for example $200-250 per person for a nice bed and breakfast? That way they can choose to use it at their convenience, spouses aren't left out, etc.. You could give this out with their bonuses at a nice staff dinner at a seafood banquet restaurant. Just an idea.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (23-08-2015),gingermillie  (23-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Work xmas party - what do you think?

I got excited again for a second and found a 8 bedroom beach house that sleeps 18 people so everyone's family could come and stay until I saw its $15,000 a night with a minimum 7 night stay 😩 - who can afford these houses!!! ( it has a separate nanny cottage!)
    Last edited by Elijahs Mum; 24-08-2015 at 00:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok so I've read the replies, ( im very blunt so not sure how to word this without sounding like a cow)
    in all honestly whilst it seems like an amazing gesture most hubbers don't like the idea and it seems like you're transfixed on it. Only way of knowing is by discussing with your staff and really listening to feedback and allowing them to feel safe in saying no

In all honestly at the staff meeting I would put the Xmas celebrations on the agenda and get the staff to throw in some ideas and then sandwich yours in there too ( after they have come up with a few), give them a week to decide.

November is just as busy in our household as December so as previously advised whole weekend is a bit much personally. I wouldn't be as sour if it was say one weekend full day with family.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to maternidade For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (24-08-2015)