I think you've had enough advice but I'll throw my two cents in anyway 😜
- no I wouldn't want to share a room or bed, or bathroom with work colleagues, I don't even do this with friends.
- I wouldn't go on a work weekend away even though I have great workmates who are like friends to me. As others have said we spend all week with our workmates weekends are for family. It would also push the friendship possibly.
- as it's you and your DH business you get to have your spouse there and no one else does, kinda unfair
- it's a big commitment to ask ppl to be away from their family even though it's a generous offer on your part.
- some may not be able/comfortable to attend which creates inequity
- I'd personally prefer a family day out or a really nice work dinner, or a 'standard' work dinner with a generous gift to each employee (who doesn't need a $500 bonus that time of year?!)
I think your heart's in the right place but there's other options to reward your staff that everyone could be totally at ease with and grateful for! Let us know the outcome though and yay for you caring for your employees so much! Great way to engender goodwill and loyalty.