+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    kiwimum890 is offline It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmummahen View Post
    I wouldn't want to spend a whole weekend with my colleagues. I spend 95% of my time with them already. I don't think I would be comfortable sharing accommodation either, but it depends on your employee dynamics.
    This would be me too 😉

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kiwimum890 For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (23-08-2015),rusty22  (23-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have been to 2 seperate overnight Christmas work parties and I'm not a fan. I always feel pressured to attend and just want to get home to my kids. I spend most of my life at work and even thought I get on with my work mates and boss I really just want to relax with my family not my boss. However everyone is different. You said you did well in your business maybe give your employees a cash bonus, families struggle a lot during the Xmas period and I know cash gifts or even gift cards would be greatly appreciated.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Janesmum123 For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (23-08-2015),kiwimum890  (23-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I would also add that around that time of year time is extremely stretched for us. With multiple kids going to different directions I couldn't spare a whole weekend for one work function.

But you know your work colleagues better than any of us and know what their commitments are likely to be. I'd like the idea but maybe in February when it's not such a busy time.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (23-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would probably come to the dinner and decline the rest. Staying overnight and sharing with my colleagues doesn't appeal to me in the slightest although I am sure it will work for other workplaces. House looks fabulous though!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to rusty22 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Thanks guys for the advice - I think pp was right - I have this fabulous idea in my head how I think it will be but I've got DH so maybe the others may not want to be away without their spouses - I might put it to a vote ( but then if some people vote no what do I do!) or maybe just casually ask first, dinner with spouses or family day or weekend away , we are not at the level of being able to afford everyone to take spouses and kids away so I was trying to think of an easier alternative ! what if we do dinner and pay for a hotel room in the city for each staff member ? I just thought the beach house would be more fun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's amazing how much thought and effort you're putting into this - you're a great boss!
    I personally wouldn't want a weekend away. If my company did really well I would like a nice dinner with partners included. You could do dinner in the city and pay for hotels for them all? (And a nanny service if you want the kids there?) Have buffet breakfast together and go on a boat trip or something the next day if you want to make it a weekend thing?
    For me it wouldn't be the sleeping together so much as that's a lot of "downtime" together
    Anyway that's just my view though - you know your team best! I'm sure they'll have an amazing time

11. The Following User Says Thank You to KT8 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Poo - I just found a 8 bedroom beach house but it's $25,000 for 2 nights 😮

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It sounds like a lot of fun... for a girl's weekend... but for a work party, I think it's a bit much. Too much time together IMO! And too much time away from family.
    As for your original question, I could share a room but not a bed.

Quote Originally Posted by KT8 View Post
    I think it's amazing how much thought and effort you're putting into this - you're a great boss!
    I personally wouldn't want a weekend away. If my company did really well I would like a nice dinner with partners included. You could do dinner in the city and pay for hotels for them all? (And a nanny service if you want the kids there?) Have buffet breakfast together and go on a boat trip or something the next day if you want to make it a weekend thing?
    For me it wouldn't be the sleeping together so much as that's a lot of "downtime" together
    Anyway that's just my view though - you know your team best! I'm sure they'll have an amazing time
    I like this idea though! With the kids- have the whole family included.
    Although as PP said, it is a very busy time of year, you would have to see if everyone has time for a whole weekend.
    If not you could think of some kind of unique outing/activity for everyone (including kids and partners) and then have a nice dinner at the end, or lunch at the start.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (23-08-2015),KT8  (23-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Poo - I just found a 8 bedroom beach house but it's $25,000 for 2 nights 😮
    jeepers!! save that one for a really, really, REALLY good year 😂

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=turquoisecoast;8271760]jeepers!! save that one for a really, really, REALLY good year 😂

For that price I could fly everyone to Hawaii or Fiji for 5 days!