+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    What if I got 2 of those good quality blow up bed things? But then who would get the queen bed and who would get the blow up! Or what if I put 4 women in the 4 bunk beds, 2 get their own room and I make the boys sleep in the lounge room on the lounges or blow up beds? ( the boys are 22,29 and 31)
    this is good thinking!

your staff may even have a couple of aerobeds they wouldn't mind bringing along. I'd rather sleep on an aerobed than have to share a bed with someone else (excluding my husband of course lol).

I'd definitely do this option as people may feel uncomfortable but not want to speak up and rock the boat.

the house looks amazing btw!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (23-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Work xmas party - what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    I personally wouldn't feel comfortable even sharing a room with work colleagues, never mind a bed. that said, I think it's all going to come down to the dynamics between your colleagues.

it's a fabulous idea btw.

not sure if I missed something big do spouses and kids get to stay? I'm guessing no if there's 5 bedrooms and ladies are having to share a bed.
    They won't have the room to stay - the Monday is a school day so the kids would have to go to school, depending on if all the staff stay the 2nd night or not maybe some spouses could stay the night - again I don't know if I'm asking too much of the spouses driving up for just the day? ( about hour drive ) we normally invite spouses to the xmas party but again I need to find a bigger house!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't want to spend a whole weekend with my colleagues. I spend 95% of my time with them already. I don't think I would be comfortable sharing accommodation either, but it depends on your employee dynamics.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bigmummahen For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (23-08-2015),Elijahs Mum  (23-08-2015),just her chameleon  (23-08-2015),Mama Mirabelle  (24-08-2015),MissMuppet  (23-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I wouldn't mind doing either but that's just me. I have been away on many work conferences domestic and international and it is a given that you share a hotel room (not a bed) with a colleague of the same sex. Have shared a bed on the odd occasion when we have had a big night and either my room or theirs was too far to go back to. May be have a meeting about it and gauge people's reactions and get their opinions. You would hate for people not to go because they didn't want to share or felt left out cos they were put on a blow up. (I personally hate sleeping on a blow up mattress.) this would be a deal breaker for me.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TeamCarts For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Work xmas party - what do you think?

what about a secret vote? like get people to cast their honest but anon opinions. that way you'll get honest feedback but nobody will feel like a Debbie downer by pouring cold water on the idea if they're not keen.

look at my current work there's zero chance I'd want to spend any more than a few obligatory hours at the Christmas function, never mind an entire weekend. but that's my workplace specific.

I've worked in great places before where everyone is greats mates and we'd all hang out regularly (and occasionally share a bed bwahaha).

it really does come down to the individual dynamics of your team.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (23-08-2015),smallpotatoes  (23-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We are only a small office of 11 ( with me and DH) so we spend a lot of time together! Everyone gets on, the older ladies get cranky with the guys sometimes as they are usually noisy and do boys things but the house has 2 living rooms and 2 separate balconies so we can banish the boys downstairs ! we would love them to stay both nights but assume some may go home with their families on the Sunday night anyway and I'm trying to incorporate the kids somehow this year ( 11 kids between all staff DS is the youngest ,4, and the oldest being 17)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (23-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    even if everyone choofs off on Sunday after lunch, you dh and your kids could stay another night and just enjoy the place to yourselves. maybe even all take the Monday off so you don't have to rush back to work/school!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Is there another house nearby you could rent too as the overflow house and make the flash one the party house? I wouldn't like sharing a room or a bed as I'm a noisy sleeper.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BettyW For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (23-08-2015),Gentoo  (23-08-2015),TheGooch  (23-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    even if everyone choofs off on Sunday after lunch, you dh and your kids could stay another night and just enjoy the place to yourselves. maybe even all take the Monday off so you don't have to rush back to work/school!
    Lol - I said to DH we should book it 3 nights and stay the last night just us and DS ! I'm giving everyone the Monday off anyway ( some will have to come in for an hour or two to do some work but not until after lunch and no one will hopefully need to see any clients)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (23-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyW View Post
    Is there another house nearby you could rent too as the overflow house and make the flash one the party house? I wouldn't like sharing a room or a bed as I'm a noisy sleeper.
    I'm having a look now, there is a hotel 5 mins away , I could maybe give that option but thought it would just be more fun staying in the house together ( and I want to have a waffle station for breakfast Sunday morning !)

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (23-08-2015)