+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Work xmas party - what do you think?

So I had this great idea last night instead of our normal night out at a good restaurant we should rent a beach house for the weekend at Sydney's northern beaches for our staff xmas party ? I thought the Saturday night would be staff only dinner at a local restaurant then we can all come back to the beach house and make cocktails and swim etc then the Sunday I want to put on a huge seafood bbq lunch and have all the spouses and kids come up for the day and then Sunday night just recover for those staff who want to stay another night?

The only thing is its a 5br home , DH and I would have 1 room, the 3 guys can share the room with the 4 bunk beds and then I will have 6 women having to share the other 3 bedrooms ( 2 queen beds and 2 singles) would you have a problem or is it inappropriate to ask my female staff to not only share a bedroom but to share a bed? (4 would have to share the 2 rooms with a queen bed ) I rang my office manager ( who is my SIL!) and she said she wouldn't care and doesn't think the others would care but I just want to see if others would have a problem with it? ( women's ages are : 29, 38,39,45,55,57- they all get on)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Souns like great fun, but personally I wouldn't feel comfortable sharing a bed with a work colleague. I would even say you would find people who are not comfortable sharing a room.

However, your staff may have great relationships with each other and not have an issue with it. I would just hate the thought of some people being extremely uncomfortable or missing out on a great night out because of this.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 2giraffes For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (23-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by 2giraffes View Post
    Souns like great fun, but personally I wouldn't feel comfortable sharing a bed with a work colleague. I would even say you would find people who are not comfortable sharing a room.

However, your staff may have great relationships with each other and not have an issue with it. I would just hate the thought of some people being extremely uncomfortable or missing out on a great night out because of this.
    Yeh this is what I'm worried about - I thought even if I ask them they might just say yes if everyone else does - but secretly be uncomfortable with it - I can't find a 8 bedroom house!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I wouldn't be comfortable. I would prefer a mattress on the floor than to have to share a bed.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would be fine sharing a room but not a bed. I would consider us a pretty close work place. But other than that the whole idea sounds amazing.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ashram For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLivesHere View Post
    I wouldn't be comfortable. I would prefer a mattress on the floor than to have to share a bed.
    I agree. I'm pretty easy going when it comes to these types of things but at my age now if I'm away from my husband and kids for a night I do not want to share my bed! I'd be happy on the floor or in a sleeping bag.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    What if I got 2 of those good quality blow up bed things? But then who would get the queen bed and who would get the blow up! Or what if I put 4 women in the 4 bunk beds, 2 get their own room and I make the boys sleep in the lounge room on the lounges or blow up beds? ( the boys are 22,29 and 31)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

I personally wouldn't feel comfortable even sharing a room with work colleagues, never mind a bed. that said, I think it's all going to come down to the dynamics between your colleagues.

it's a fabulous idea btw.

not sure if I missed something big do spouses and kids get to stay? I'm guessing no if there's 5 bedrooms and ladies are having to share a bed. edited: sorry just saw the spouses and kids are coming on the Sunday.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (23-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    What if I got 2 of those good quality blow up bed things? But then who would get the queen bed and who would get the blow up! Or what if I put 4 women in the 4 bunk beds, 2 get their own room and I make the boys sleep in the lounge room on the lounges or blow up beds? ( the boys are 22,29 and 31)
    I wouldn't mind sleeping on a blow up.
    Boys sleeping on blow ups works too.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post: