+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Lunch Ideas for work

Don't want to buy my lunch every day...
    Please share ideas on tasty easy cheap lunch ideas please ...
    TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Do you have a fridge and microwave to utilise? If yes, them dinner leftovers (soups, stirfries etc...) are always great.
    Otherwise:
    Wraps/sandwiches
    Salads
    Quiches/zucchini slice

Thanks
    Reviews
    I cook up some veggies (cauli broccoli pumpkin) on Sunday and divvy up between containers, add some ham or chicken breast and a hard boiled egg. I prefer eating warm (as in heated up) food for lunch. Easy lunches for hubby and I all week. Other weeks I'll have spinach, mushroom and capsicum cooked up along with the boiled egg instead of the veggies and have bacon instead. Takes no time to prep, can cook same time as I'm cooking dinner Sunday night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @HappyBovine your post reminded me of something else easy to have for a smallish lunch, a hard boiled egg mashed up with some curry powder and tinned salmon... You can also use this for filling in some puff pastry.
    ...Although I wouldn't recommend heating it up in a confined lunch room without good ventilation!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    My DD isn't a fan of the sandwich so I make batches of zucchini slice, mini quiches (using a mini muffin tray but you could use a normal sized one), pizza pinwheels (puff pastry, tomato paste, ham, salami and cheese then just roll up, slice and bake) or pizza scrolls and then freeze so then in the morning I just whack something in her lunch box and it's defrosted by lunch time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Tinned soup is my staple

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Lunch Ideas for work

have been making pasta (ravioli or tortellini) and putting a stir through sauce through it. Heat and eat.

usually would have sandwiches (canned tuna and salad or curried egg and salad) but went right off sandwiches since I've been pregnant so haven't done those for a few months.

or if dh makes soup ill take that in. I find canned soup too salty and makes me thirsty for the rest of the arvo.

toasted sandwiches are nice in winter too.

I basically never buy my lunch. there's not that much around my work in terms of yummy food at a reasonable price and the cafe downstairs in my building is practically inedible.

I've also made a really cheap and easy lentil salad...basically a can of lentils drained & rinsed and then add a bit of thinly sliced red onion (or skip this as I hate raw onion repeating on me all arvo) or whatever else you have on hand and stir through a can of tuna. cheap, healthy, easy and tasty.

we save so much taking our own lunches!
    Last edited by turquoisecoast; 22-08-2015 at 22:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have leftovers or make a sandwich. I also buy canned tuna, corn and those rice packets you microwave and mix them together - or take lettuce and have canned tuna, corn, lettuce and mayonasise. Aldi have yummy lean cuisine imitation meals - especially the chicken. Basil cream one - for around $3.50. I was buying and for the last couple of months have been bringing my own and saving heaps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    oooh will check those out, thanks!!

I bought a stack of weight watchers meals when they were on sale for $3 each (usually double that) but I found them really salty and I'd be thirsty all afternoon after eating them.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

BerryDelicious  (23-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by beancounter View Post
    I have leftovers or make a sandwich. I also buy canned tuna, corn and those rice packets you microwave and mix them together - or take lettuce and have canned tuna, corn, lettuce and mayonasise. Aldi have yummy lean cuisine imitation meals - especially the chicken. Basil cream one - for around $3.50. I was buying and for the last couple of months have been bringing my own and saving heaps.
    beany you were bang on the money! I got the chicken & basil risotto and it's yummy!! actually tastes much nicer than the lean cuisine and weight watchers ones! also bought a chicken & tomato pasta one. such great value for $3.50!!