+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    I REALLY want to do this. But, the thought of completely cutting out carbs scares me! Do you eat carb free 7 days a week? If you went out for dinner would you just order something like steak and salad? I keep thinking about doing it, but the idea that I can't have a piece of toast, or pasta or rice or chips throughout the week turns me off it; is it hard to do, do you think? How much do you tend to lose a week?
    I'm a big believer of everything in moderation. Worked for me.

I never cut out carbs as I need them for energy but I eat dark rye bread and try to avoid potatoes ( I eat sweet potato if I do or just have a little bit of normal potatoes)

I try and only have bread in one meal for the day so if I have toast for brekkie I'll avoid bread for the rest of the day and I'll try and have a few bread free days a week.

I eat pasta but again in moderation.

Portion sizes are the key IMO. If u have pasta opt for brown if u can and just have a smaller serving with lots of veggies mixed through to bulk it up ( say in a bolognaise)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

Cat74  (27-08-2015),Catkin  (27-08-2015),PinkPink  (28-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm a complete sugar junkie so am trying really hard to cut down on that. DH looks at what I eat and reckons that's the only place where I'm actually not being healthy!! I don't react well to most carbs anyway - pasta and shop bread seem to sit in my stomach for 12-24h (so much so that if I exercise hard a day later I'm sick, and that's what comes up - sorry if TMI!!!). Home made bread is fine though!

Anyway, also breastfeeding DD2 at the moment and don't want to impact that so I'm upping my exercise instead. I started swimming a month ago - adult squad twice a week, and snuck in an extra one yesterday so might try (kids and DH allowing) to make it 3 times a week where possible. Its 2 to 2.5km each session so it's quite a workout!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've been meaning to join, but not sure if I have the motivation to stick to it just now...
    Anyway
    SW/CW: 70kg
    GW: 63kg

Would love to be back to pre-pregnancy weight before DS2 turns 1, but that is only a month away, so unlikely to happen.
    I wear a Fitbit and try to do minimum 10,000 steps, walk DS1 to/ from school usually does it. Thinking about doing some swimming, there is a crèche at my local pool, and DS2 has just moved to 1 day sleep, so will fit in with the crèche times now.

I think the main thing for me is diet. I had been eating LCHF and tracking with my fitness pal, but was finding it really hard to stick to, not sure why as I have lost weight this way before, but perhaps because I am still breastfeeding my appetite is through the roof, and I'm not getting very much sleep so motivation is lacking!

Anyway at the moment I'm eating 2 big meals a day (with lots of vegetables, protein, fat, smaller amounts of carbs) and trying not to snack (except coffee- no milk), but not actually counting carbs. I don't eat sugar, very little processed food, so my diet is already quite "good" but I don't lose weight with this, so maybe when feeling more motivated might try tracking again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey all, I was intending to be a part of this thread to help motivate me but it seems to move a bit to fast for me as I don't manage to get on here everyday. I have decided to start a journal on here instead to hopefully keep me accountable that way. I will still pop in and see how everyone is going with there weight loss though as I love seeing all the different types of ways ppl are losing weight. Good luck everyone

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jb23 For This Useful Post:

Kcspack  (27-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Breakfast:- 3 tablespoons of honey and cinnamon yoghurt, and 2 small handfuls of Special K Wholegrain Clusters.

Snack:- 4 Jatz.
    Last edited by Catzilla; 27-08-2015 at 11:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Didn't end up having dinner last night, because I had a bad headache, so went to bed early.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default 8 week Spring Weight Loss Challenge

Anyone wanting to lose weight effectively and quickly should check out body trim. It is really good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok so I lost 19kg 2 years ago in about 7 months. I have put around 8 back on as I had a bub last year but on a mission to lose it again This is what I did.

I did try and stay as active as possible but it was mainly diet.

I basically did clean eating and I'd be really strict during the week but on the weekends I'd relax and treat myself ( within reason) so if I'd been craving chocolate or hot chips that week I'd plan to have them on the weekend. That way I didn't feel like I was missing out and I'd satisfy that craving plus I'd really look forward to it!

My biggest tip is do not let yourself get hungry!!! If ur hungry, eat something healthy and try and have a big breakfast. You are less likely to want to pig out later if u start the day right 😊

I can post some pics of the kind of things I was eating if anyone is interested....I'm going to follow a very similar way of eating this time too.

Oh and another tip, think of it as,a lifestyle change not a diet. It should be long term and sustainable.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

Cat74  (27-08-2015),PinkPink  (28-08-2015),TaylasWorld  (28-08-2015)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Anyone wanting to lose weight effectively and quickly should check out body trim. It is really good.
    What's the gist of it @BigRedV ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Feeling sick today, think I'm coming down with something. Had quiche for dinner and now feel worse