+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My weigh in day is this Friday but I had a family function yesterday where I had cake and today whilst making these chocolate lollipop things for my daughter's birthday, I ate too much surplus chocolate so I'm not anticipating great things this week but I'm going to try to fast 2 times before Friday just to combat any gains.

Good luck to everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm tentatively in and will likely follow along rather than posting too much. My diet is a disgrace at the moment (I had twisties for dinner!) so hoping some simple changes will help the weight start to come off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Jumping over from the winter challenge...

SW: 74kg
    CW: 70kg
    Goal: 60kg (pre-pregnancy weight)
    Ultimate Goal: 58kg

I'm currently breastfeeding and have eliminated dairy and soy from my diet due to suspected CMSPI. I'm currently trying to eat less processed foods (loosely following I Quit Sugar).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    There are lots of us in here who have lost a bit of weight lately so please share how you did it.

I've cut out carbs. They are my worst enemy. I've gone from a size 14 to a firm fitting 10 by following low carb high fat.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

wobbleyhorse  (25-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 8 week Spring Weight Loss Challenge

I've just started the Changing Habits eating plan. - Cyndi O'Maera. Quite a few people I know have done this and have lost considerable weight and have kept it off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I am trying weight watchers at the moment.

My main issue is snacking between meals (happily eat a family bag of m&ms after dinner). So the weight watchers keeps me honest with this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default 8 week Spring Weight Loss Challenge

I find most things work for me, it's just a matter of sticking to it. This is my biggest hurdle.

I am usually a high protein/low carb kinda person as I find it gets quickest results and keeps me fuller for longer but must say sometimes I get sick of all the protein. I actually ordered lite n easy 1500 calories last week for a bit of a change and I was absolutely starving.

I walk 4-5 nights a week with a friend for 50 mins and gym 3 times a week.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    There are lots of us in here who have lost a bit of weight lately so please share how you did it.

I've cut out carbs. They are my worst enemy. I've gone from a size 14 to a firm fitting 10 by following low carb high fat.
    I REALLY want to do this. But, the thought of completely cutting out carbs scares me! Do you eat carb free 7 days a week? If you went out for dinner would you just order something like steak and salad? I keep thinking about doing it, but the idea that I can't have a piece of toast, or pasta or rice or chips throughout the week turns me off it; is it hard to do, do you think? How much do you tend to lose a week?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Marigold I still eat those little potatoes a couple of times a week , just steamed or baked with a little olive oil and salt. It really does get easier as time goes on but I still drool over the kids Vegemite sandwiches.

Can't be doing too badly as my weight is at 97.8

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TaylasWorld For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (25-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    I REALLY want to do this. But, the thought of completely cutting out carbs scares me! Do you eat carb free 7 days a week? If you went out for dinner would you just order something like steak and salad? I keep thinking about doing it, but the idea that I can't have a piece of toast, or pasta or rice or chips throughout the week turns me off it; is it hard to do, do you think? How much do you tend to lose a week?
    I don't completely cut it out but I keep it below 30g a day. Everyone has a different method with which they lose weight the best, and on the flipside how they gain weight. My body has a love hate relationship with them. I love them, they are my comfort food. But they make me gain weight and feel like rubbish.

Simple calorie restriction doesn't work for me. I feel starved, then I binge and feel guilty. With low carb I feel full and I can maintain it. The first 2 days you feel like sh*t, you have to push past that. Once you hit ketosis the body has burned through it's carbs and starts to burn fat. My appetite drops off. I lose 1.5kg a week when I'm strict, 1kg a week when I have a cheat day and I'm not even exercising atm.

Google Ketogenic diet. It is high fat low carb, but it's actually when your body hits that point and it usually takes 2-3 days to burn the carb stores. Rather than feeling yuck I feel so much better without carbs, not all sluggish and yuck.

eta - if we go out I order protein and salad/veg or egg. So a quiche, steak and veg, fish and salad etc.
    Last edited by delirium; 25-08-2015 at 09:42.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (25-08-2015)