+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I haven't been following lately as I've had quite a whirlwind last month; it has however resulted in me reaching my elusive goal weight although not in the way of healthy eating and exercise. I have been through a separation and also been physically sick and full of flu like symptoms, lost my sense of taste and smell for a week because of it and eating has unfortunately been pretty low on the agenda. Definitely not the way to do it but life happens that way sometimes.
    I was in the high 60's just a few months ago and am now closer to 60kg. I'm trying to focus on putting good things back into my life and body and it's hard, I'd become so used to not eating in the past couple of weeks that I was automatically skipping meals without thinking so this morning made myself eat a bowl of nutrient oats. Albeit I only managed to down half a bowl (I lose my appetite big time with depression and stress) I'm trying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh, @~Marigold~, I'm so sorry to hear you've been having a rough month. I wish I knew what to say to give you some comfort...

Big hugs! Thinking of you and hoping the journey gets smoother for you!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat74 For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (14-10-2015)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks @Cat74 x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcuseMyFrench View Post

Hope it went well and I'm subscribing to join the next one (hoping you lots will start a new challenge following this one!!)
    I might set one up myself early next week, if no-one else has done it by then.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Catzilla For This Useful Post:

ExcuseMyFrench  (15-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I started the challenge well but for weeks hit a plateau than actually gained a few But I pulled my finger out, and lost that.

I'm currently 68 kilos. So only a 2kg loss in the 8 weeks which I'm disappointed with after losing so much beforehand. Ahh well I only have a couple of kilos to lose to get to healthy weight range so I guess the loss slows down.

I'm really up for another 8 week challenge.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcuseMyFrench View Post
    Just found this thread looking for a challenge!

If I counted right you are all in your last week of the 8 weeks spring challenge?!

Hope it went well and I'm subscribing to join the next one (hoping you lots will start a new challenge following this one!!)
    I was slow starting. Im only 3 weeks in lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillynix View Post
    End of week 5 and stats are now:

21/8/15 - 91.8 (start weight)
    28/8/15 - 89.3kg (2.5kg loss)
    4/9/15 - 88.3kg (1kg loss)
    11/9/15 - 87.4kg (900g loss)
    18/9/15 - 86.9kg (500g loss)
    25/9/15 - 85.5kg (1.4kg loss)
    End of week 6 and 7 stats were:
    21/8/15 - 91.8 (start weight)
    28/8/15 - 89.3kg (2.5kg loss)
    4/9/15 - 88.3kg (1kg loss)
    11/9/15 - 87.4kg (900g loss)
    18/9/15 - 86.9kg (500g loss)
    25/9/15 - 85.5kg (1.4kg loss)
    2/10/15 - 85kg (500g loss)
    9/10/15 - 85kg (maintain)

I'm pretty sure I maintained that week because I had a few dinners out for occasions, and whilst I chose to still eat allowed salads/vegetables, I did include a bit of wine, delicious, delicious wine.

I weigh in again tomorrow morning, pretty confident I lost this week just based on how I'm looking/fitting in clothes, but I have no idea how much. I have slacked off a bit on my water intake this week as well, so back on the water drinking train!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    Attachment 74528

I think I've posted this (or similar again) before, but thought I'd post again for those who get disheartened by weight gains or small losses.

Each point on the graph represents my weight each day for a month. My weight fluctuates every day. Some days I lose a little, sometimes I gain a little, somedays it stays the same. It's life - try as I do to control everything, everyday is different.

What matters is the fact that there's an overall consistent trend of weight loss. Not the individual numbers.
    Very interesting.

This is why I would recommend doing your measurements as you can lose cm without losing weight. But also, this is the reason why I wouldn't recommend people weigh in daily. Weekly at the same time is better. It can be so deflating to see the scales stagnate or go up. And if you weigh in every day, that is much more likely to happen and much more likely that people will relapse.

To me, weight loss is a journey to being healthy. And that means eating well and exercising, not a number on the scales.
    Last edited by BigRedV; 15-10-2015 at 12:54.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

wobbleyhorse  (15-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I was weighing myself daily when I first starting losing and it was really unhealthy for me mentally. Sometimes I'll sneak in a mid week weigh in but usually I try hard to stick to weekly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    That was my whole point - welcome to life, where the scales are going to go up, down and stay the same every day.

Seeing it go up on certain days doesn't deflate me as I know that it's just part of daily fluctuations.

Of course if your someone who's mental health wouldn't cope with that, then it's a terrible idea.

But the same thing could happen with a weekly weight as well.

You do what you want, and I'll do what I want.

I simply posted it to show others that even though it can be easy to get caught up small losses or unchanged weights you need to look at the overall trend of things.
    Im not telling you what to do, but I don't think it's healthy to encourage other people weigh in every day. Especially in this thread where people are trying to lose weight.

I doubt you would find any health expert, dietitian, personal trainer, etc. who would recommend their clients to weigh in daily.

Most of these professionals would encourage doing your measurements as well, which shows progress even when the scales might now.

Finally, if you weighed in weekly, you probably wouldn't have had the up spikes.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (19-10-2015)