+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have time to write a big reply at the moment but my amh was 3.1. It's all about quality over quantity (I am pregnant now after ICSI). The drug DHEA is a god send! Research it and good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If you can afford it I would bank over transfer straight away.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

emmam88  (23-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would also bank embryos. You don't know how many will progress/freeze/thaw/transfer well. I got 11 eggs, 7 fertilized, only 5 made it to the freezer (2 x 5 day and 3 x 3 day embryos). The 3 x 3 days were thawed and 1 transferred the other 2 were not good enough to re-freeze (they were grown up from 3 day to 5 day embryos). So now we only have 2 left. The 1 transferred was a successful pregnancy so if we wanted/needed more embryos there would be a very long time to get more. I would aim to have 6-12 embryos in the freezer before doing a transfer (if you can and respond well enough). I'd get onto this quickly and just do a couple of freeze all cycles. Frozen embryo transfers have good success (my clinic says better than fresh transfers) and you then have time to prepare for pregnancy. All the best keep us posted along the way x

5. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

emmam88  (23-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My partner and I are with IVF Aus as well. They have been absolutely amazing so far. We can not fault them. My partner had a low AMH of 4.1 albeit, she is 39. She had an antagonist cycle, egg pickup they got 6 eggs, 4 mature to be ICSI'd, only one survived to day 5 and was good quality to be frozen. Initially they weren't happy with how her eggs looked at retrieval, however, the one remaining embryo was graded highly at day 5. We froze it and transferred it to me to carry, we got our BFP and I'm into my 7th week.

We didn't go crazy about things to improve quality... Went through it quite relaxed, took multi vitamins and ate well. But it sounds like you are doing all the right things to potentially improve your quality.

What we've learnt is a lot of emphasis is put on the grading of embryos. Any embryo can result in a pregnancy if it is meant to be.

Initially we wanted to hold off until next year to start the TTC process, but with DP's AMH coming back lower than expected, we were advised not to wait. Even though we wanted to have more money saved etc we just thought if it's meant to be our time it will tell us. And it has. Now that we have a life growing in me we wouldn't have changed any of it. We'll make it work.

Good luck with your decisions!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TandR For This Useful Post:

emmam88  (23-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ky kel View Post
    I don't have time to write a big reply at the moment but my amh was 3.1. It's all about quality over quantity (I am pregnant now after ICSI). The drug DHEA is a god send! Research it and good luck!
    Hi Ky Kel
    Thanks for your reply. Thank is great that you are expecting =)
    I have been reading about DHEA recently, but my FS did not mention it to me. Did you FS recommend it? And what clinic did you go to? I have read some really great things about it, so I would definitely be wanting to start on it.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Patience86 View Post
    I am 28 and have just found out I have secondary infertility and low ovarian reserve too...so I can totally understand what an unexpected and horrible shock it is. We have been ttc for a few years and had many chemical pregnancies and running out of eggs when I am not even 30 didn't even occur to me to be a potential problem! My amh is 3 and FSH 15...I have endo and immune issues too so I had a lap last cycle to remove the endo...will have one more natural go post lap then IVF in October.

My doctor did tell me that even though I have low quantity, my egg quality is likely to be ok as I am young. I hope so! I have been taking wheatgrass, coq10, royal jelly and having acupuncture to try and boost that quality. Not sure if it works...but hey will try anything (I will stop sups when commencing IVF though).I agree with pp that moving quickly is the best option.

I wish you all the best on your journey...I know it is all a lot to take in, and so many big decisions to make. It must be incredibly daunting for you. When will you start treatment?
    Hi Patience86
    Thanks for your reply, it seems you are unfortunately in a similar situation to myself. It is so overwhelming to realise that your time is running out at an increasing pace.
    I have had some problems with very irregular cycles, so we are waiting until I hopefully get a CD 1, or if not in a couple of weeks, I will start Provera again to get a cycle, and then start from there. I am hoping to start during September, so fingers crossed.
    Best of luck for yourself also =)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like your advice for "all guns blazing"...I want to approach this with everything possible =)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to emmam88 For This Useful Post:

bella25  (23-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @emmam88: i am sorry to hear about your low AMH. Like you and your partner, DH and I are very career focus. We even lived separately for few years to pursue our career. It was never a good time. Then, when we were semi-ready, we got hit with the worst news in life. We were told that we could never have our own biological children. It took us a while to digest everything and organize the interstate IVF. In the end, it took us >3yrs to result in a BFP. I'm glad that we didn't wait any longer. We were with IVF Australia. My FS is very good and that's the only reason I went back to them instead of other interstate clinics.

What i mean to say is that while banking embies is a good idea, you should think about what if none of them ends up viable when you are ready. There is a possibility that you have no good quality eggs left for further fresh IVF cycle. It is a personal choice, of course. If you aren't ready right now, banking is probably the best. The question would be how many you need to bank. I won't waste time with low cost clinic if money isn't too tight because they tend to go by standard protocol for straight forward cases. Thus, the lower success rate.

All the best. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Emmam88,

I understand how are feeling after finding out about your low AMH.I am 37 now; however it took us 6 years to have our miracle baby through IVF after 8 cycles. We tried naturally for a couple of years , tried Chinese medicine, acupuncture etc, had a laparoscopy surgery and found out I had severe endometriosis and then straight to IVF. Like you I had low AMH of 1.5 but found out at age 33. We fell pregnant on our second cycle then miscarried then found out I had elevated levels of NK cells, then had to be on steroids and clexane to hold the next pregnancy. I was with IVF Australia and my FS put me on DHEA. DHEA is for ladies with low AMH apparently it does something to the ovaries sensitises it or something and your ovaries produce more eggs and it also improves the quality a well.
    My son is 20 months and I am 8weeks pregnant now with our second. All I want to say is that even with a low amh of 1.5, I managed to fall pregnant with so many other issues. As long as there are eggs you have a chance of having a baby. It also depends on how long are you willing to go. With low AMH, you just have to be prepared if your cycle can gets cancelled or you end with only one egg after collection. Given that you are so young the quality of your eggs will be on your side. I wish you all the best. But your FS will make changes specifically tailored to your situation.
    Last edited by Kalshy; 24-08-2015 at 12:21.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kalshy For This Useful Post:

emmam88  (29-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kalshy
    Thanks a lot for your post, it does inspire confidence to hear that you were successful and now have a beautiful growing family =)
    I am also relieved to hear that you are with IVF Australia. I have found, through word of mouth, and from other online forums, that a lot of people are with Genea, and have had more success with Genea. However, I have found IVF Australia great so far (but I have not done a cycle with them yet) so hopefully I am in the right place! May I ask which clinic you go to?
    Thanks