+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Europe trip itinerary help UPDATED post 26

UPDATED post 26 with new plan!Planning a holiday for next Dec/Jan over Christmas. The only must is Finland as I am taking the kids to see Santa. It will be 6 of us 2 adults and 4 kids aged 3,4,6 and 8 at the time of travel. I know it will be cold and little daylight. Budget around $35000 4-6 weeks. Am I missing anywhere we must go? Is there enough/to much time at anywhere? Would you change anything? Which trip would you choose? TaTrip 15 nights Copenhagen5 nights Rovanemi Laland Finland8 nights Paris (including disney)6 nights Istanbul4 nights GoremeTrip 24 nights Berlin4 nights Copenhagen5 nights Rovanemi Laland Finland6 nights London7 nights Paris (including disney)4 nights Istanbul4 nights GoremeTrip 34 nights Copenhagen5 nights Rovanemi Laland Finland4 nights Budapest3 nights Vienna3 nights Salzburg3 nights Munich3 nights Zurich2 nights Wengen2 nights Lyon7 nights Paris (including disney)4 nights Istanbul3 nights GoremeWhich would you choose?
    Last edited by mordygordy; 05-09-2015 at 22:12. Reason: updated post 26

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I'd do trip 3. Europe is magical around Christmas. This sounds amazing!!

How are you getting around? Train? If so I'd get on to booking your journeys ASAP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    trip 3 would be train but its not till 2016. Will have to book finland soon though.

I do agree meredithgrey so would love to take trip 3 though as I really want to see the alps but keep thinking it will be hell with the kids in tow can't delete it yet though.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Well most of those train trips are pretty short and trains are exciting! I would do Lucerne instead of Zurich, having been to both. Lucerne has an amazing transport museum with a huge cinema. Lucerne is just stunning.

Budapest is also amazing. I would be inclined to knock a night or two off Paris and do one extra in Budapest or add Prague to the list. Although I haven't travelled with children so take my advice with a pinch of salt :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would do 3. We've just been to Budapest and Vienna and loved both, Budapest was truly stunning, one of the most beautiful places and the scenery outside of Vienna was very pretty, we did a day trip out to the wachau valley and it was breathtaking. We honeymooned in paris and return whenever we can so it is a must in my opinion.

I find I get a bit tired doing heaps of stops rather than just a few. You need to work out how you and the kids will cope with the travel.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like the idea of less trips too. So option 1 or 2.
    Personally for me I would wait until the kids are older, lol. We just spent 7 nights in Noosa with a 3&5 yr old and it was hard work. I needed a relaxing holiday after that holiday!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Can I just say I'm jealous I would opt for trip 3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BlueBirds View Post
    I like the idea of less trips too. So option 1 or 2.
    Personally for me I would wait until the kids are older, lol. We just spent 7 nights in Noosa with a 3&5 yr old and it was hard work. I needed a relaxing holiday after that holiday!
    I know it would be easier to wait till they are older but it wouldn't be as magical as they wouldn't believe in santa. Finland is the whole base around the trip.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, I would do trip 3, but try to cut out a few stops if you can. Also, carry on bags only- we did this and each of us had a small backpack/bag and wore our coats- it was sooo easy moving around. It is truly horrible dragging 20kg suitcases on and off trains every few days. My friend and her 3 children did Xmas Santa trip to Finland last year- it was well below freezing, and more days in less spots was easier. The Alps are a must!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Trip 2 or 3 for me. I don't think you need as many nights in Salzburg or Zurich, so perhaps reduce those stops to 2 nights. Trip 3 is alot of travelling so might be an idea to be a little flexible & see how you go.