+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Normal to refuse food while teething

Hi all, my girl is teething (currently cutting 3 teeth) is it normal for her to refuse food and when should I worry. She still drinks milk.

Plus my mother is visiting, could that also play a factor?

Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    How old is she? I would say it's normal as eating may be irritating her sore gums plus your mum is visiting which is different from her normal routine. I wouldn't worry too much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil M View Post
    How old is she? I would say it's normal as eating may be irritating her sore gums plus your mum is visiting which is different from her normal routine. I wouldn't worry too much.
    14 months old. She's even refusing her fav food. It's shocking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My DD has just turned 1 and is refusing food she only has 2 teeth and I think she is teething also. She did this when she cut her first 2 as well.. I can only pretty much get her to eat pasta, blueberrie and weetbix at the moment. Her bottles has increased because of this at the moment as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep each time and starves herself a few weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Yep..totally normal for them to go off their food a little bit or a lot depending plus I know my DD only wants yoghurt/custard & mashed fruit ..cool & soft kinds of food over savoury meals like chicken &vege's for eg because of sore gums no doubt.

She may not drink all of her bottles either often leaving 60 mls or a bit less here & there.

OP...if she's flat out refusing any food whatsoever then give her an extra bottle instead if you're worried. If she's eating something even if it's only a little bit then I wouldn't be worried as things should go back to normal once the tooth/teeth have erupted through the gum.
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 21-08-2015 at 20:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DD always went off her food when teething. I found going back to basic purees to be best to get her eat something. Apple purée straight from the fridge was usually a winner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for responding, I'm just concerned of her losing weight, she's already a small bub and the thought of her losing weight scares me.

Hopefully it doesn't last long and is back to eating normal again very soon.