+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    aren't they just so funny at this age.

DD is a classic to take shopping because I'll pick something up and she literally rolls her eyes at me and says "that is horrible. you have no taste", then she will pick up a bright pink windcheater with a sparkly silver panda wearing a tutu and proclaim it the most gorgeous thing she's ever seen. Its gotten to the point that I make sure I can return anything i buy her in case she hates it.

And yes, I agree, it is about independence and letting her have a little bit of autonomy about some things in her life. She feels so proud of herself when she makes these decisions and I think that is a great thing to encourage.

My 4 y/o is heading down the same track, she wore a twirly party dress with a little bolero cardigan and socks and runners to kinder this week.
    Last edited by GirlsRock; 21-08-2015 at 18:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Let her wear it! I have great photos of my birthdays where all my friends are wearing beautiful party dresses and I've chosen to wear one of my dads t-shirts and a massive denim skirt - so funny. Poor mum but I loved it :-)

Hope she has a fantastic birthday!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to wobbleyhorse For This Useful Post:

GirlsRock  (21-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Let her wear it. Her body, her choice.

And great for photos for her 21st!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to moto For This Useful Post:

GirlsRock  (21-08-2015)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Am I the only one who thinks that outfit sounds all sorts of awesome? sounds like you have a tiny hipster on your hands. Get her a pair of buddy holly glasses and she'll be set!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

smallpotatoes  (21-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I love seeing creative and mismatched outfits!! It's brilliant and shows personality, good on them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm a 'let kids pick their outfits and dress themselves' kind of parent. DD has been choosing her own clothes and dressing herself since she was just two and I get great pleasure out of seeing what she picks.

The only thing I won't let kids do is wear ill-fitting clothes. I cannot stand seeing kids with jeans or trousers that are too short. It makes them look like the parents are too poor to afford the correct size pants. My DP often doesn't notice when his youngest DS has grown out of pants so I take it upon myself to get rid of pants he's grown out of.

But apart from that I love seeing kids dress themselves.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Let her wear it. My 5 yo dd is not afraid of the pattern clash and oddly enough after seeing her wear am outfit that I would never choose for a few hours it starts to grow on me. Every now and then there will be an event that I will tell her ahead of time we will work out the outfit together.

This also has an added bonus. In years to come when your dd looks back at the photos and complains about her outfit, you can honestly tell her it want your fault.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (23-08-2015)