+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    40
    Thanks
    50
    Thanked
    28
    Reviews
    0

    Default Is late implantation bleeding possible?

    Hi all, this is my first ever post I've been googling my question but can't find anything relevant. My cycle is 21-25 days, if I go with 25 my period is 5 days late. I've only ever had 2 late periods and I've been pregnant, I've taken a test and it is negative. With my 2 past pregnancies I had positive results first time at the same stage. Yesterday I had the smallest brown/pink discharge when I wiped after going to the toilet but nothing since. So I'm wondering if it's possible to have late implantation bleeding or what it could possibly be? I never had any spotting with previous pregnancies either. I've had cramping for over a week also. Thank you

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,747
    Thanks
    3,825
    Thanked
    3,655
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It is possible - but it's strange your tests are coming back negative if you are actually 5 days late.
    It's totally possible you had a longer than normal cycle. Are you using FRER tests, first thing in the morning?
    Maybe test again tomorrow morning if nothing has changed.
    I had an IB with my first pregnancy, but not this one. I too had average 25 day cycles but this cycle i ovulated late day 17/18, which tells me it was longer than normal. I waited for 2 full weeks after ovulation date to test.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    40
    Thanks
    50
    Thanked
    28
    Reviews
    0
    Thank you I thought it was strange also, my ovulation is very noticeable lol and was around the 4th (18 days ago) so strange. No idea what is going on. What is a FRER test?
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    It is possible - but it's strange your tests are coming back negative if you are actually 5 days late.
    It's totally possible you had a longer than normal cycle. Are you using FRER tests, first thing in the morning?
    Maybe test again tomorrow morning if nothing has changed.
    I had an IB with my first pregnancy, but not this one. I too had average 25 day cycles but this cycle i ovulated late day 17/18, which tells me it was longer than normal. I waited for 2 full weeks after ovulation date to test.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,747
    Thanks
    3,825
    Thanked
    3,655
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowsandunicorns1 View Post
    Thank you I thought it was strange also, my ovulation is very noticeable lol and was around the 4th (18 days ago) so strange. No idea what is going on. What is a FRER test?
    First response early result 😉
    They are the most accurate test available on the market, will give you a positive before other brands. It's also important to test first thing when you get out of bed, more concentrated urine etc.

    I don't want to worry you, but it could be a chemical pregnancy ie you were pregnant but it didn't implant properly/stopped developing which would mean your hcg levels would drop and hence no positive test. But in that case AF will arrive shortly.

    In any case if you haven't got it in a few days and you are still getting negative tests maybe a quick check up with GP? They prob won't take it seriously unless it's at least a few weeks late.

    Best of luck!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    40
    Thanks
    50
    Thanked
    28
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    First response early result 😉
    They are the most accurate test available on the market, will give you a positive before other brands. It's also important to test first thing when you get out of bed, more concentrated urine etc.

    I don't want to worry you, but it could be a chemical pregnancy ie you were pregnant but it didn't implant properly/stopped developing which would mean your hcg levels would drop and hence no positive test. But in that case AF will arrive shortly.

    In any case if you haven't got it in a few days and you are still getting negative tests maybe a quick check up with GP? They prob won't take it seriously unless it's at least a few weeks late.

    Best of luck!
    Ahh thank you the brand I have is "Confirm" it says it is 99% from day after missed P, I've just had a tiny bit more spotting. Just wish the body could tell you what was happening. If I were pregnant it would be a very big shock lol we have said our family is complete but if we were lucky to be pregnant again I'd be ecstatic as well.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Implantation bleeding?
    By ElleDee in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 18-06-2015, 20:16
  2. Tell me about your implantation bleeding...
    By Patience86 in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 25-01-2015, 15:47
  3. Implantation bleeding? Very stressed
    By Dancinjude in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-10-2014, 19:20

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Riverton Leisureplex
An Extreme Family Pass at Riverton Leisureplex is the ultimate way to cool off during the summer school holidays. The $30 Pass allows pool and waterslide access for 2 adults and 2 children, as well as a drink, popcorn and an icy pole for each person.
sales & new stuffsee all
True Fairies
True Fairies is the first interactive website where children can engage and speak with a real fairy through the unique webcam fairy portal. Each session is tailored to the child, and is filled with enchantment and magic.
Visit website to find out more!
featured supporter
Sarah Tooke Childbirth & Parenting Education
Providing private, personalised antenatal childbirth & parenting education to expectant parents in the comfort of their own home. Sessions are flexible, including everything that hospital based programs cover. Click to find out more!
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!