+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Is late implantation bleeding possible?

Hi all, this is my first ever post I've been googling my question but can't find anything relevant. My cycle is 21-25 days, if I go with 25 my period is 5 days late. I've only ever had 2 late periods and I've been pregnant, I've taken a test and it is negative. With my 2 past pregnancies I had positive results first time at the same stage. Yesterday I had the smallest brown/pink discharge when I wiped after going to the toilet but nothing since. So I'm wondering if it's possible to have late implantation bleeding or what it could possibly be? I never had any spotting with previous pregnancies either. I've had cramping for over a week also. Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It is possible - but it's strange your tests are coming back negative if you are actually 5 days late.
    It's totally possible you had a longer than normal cycle. Are you using FRER tests, first thing in the morning?
    Maybe test again tomorrow morning if nothing has changed.
    I had an IB with my first pregnancy, but not this one. I too had average 25 day cycles but this cycle i ovulated late day 17/18, which tells me it was longer than normal. I waited for 2 full weeks after ovulation date to test.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you I thought it was strange also, my ovulation is very noticeable lol and was around the 4th (18 days ago) so strange. No idea what is going on. What is a FRER test?
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    It is possible - but it's strange your tests are coming back negative if you are actually 5 days late.
    It's totally possible you had a longer than normal cycle. Are you using FRER tests, first thing in the morning?
    Maybe test again tomorrow morning if nothing has changed.
    I had an IB with my first pregnancy, but not this one. I too had average 25 day cycles but this cycle i ovulated late day 17/18, which tells me it was longer than normal. I waited for 2 full weeks after ovulation date to test.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowsandunicorns1 View Post
    Thank you I thought it was strange also, my ovulation is very noticeable lol and was around the 4th (18 days ago) so strange. No idea what is going on. What is a FRER test?
    First response early result 😉
    They are the most accurate test available on the market, will give you a positive before other brands. It's also important to test first thing when you get out of bed, more concentrated urine etc.

I don't want to worry you, but it could be a chemical pregnancy ie you were pregnant but it didn't implant properly/stopped developing which would mean your hcg levels would drop and hence no positive test. But in that case AF will arrive shortly.

In any case if you haven't got it in a few days and you are still getting negative tests maybe a quick check up with GP? They prob won't take it seriously unless it's at least a few weeks late.

Best of luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    First response early result 😉
    They are the most accurate test available on the market, will give you a positive before other brands. It's also important to test first thing when you get out of bed, more concentrated urine etc.

I don't want to worry you, but it could be a chemical pregnancy ie you were pregnant but it didn't implant properly/stopped developing which would mean your hcg levels would drop and hence no positive test. But in that case AF will arrive shortly.

In any case if you haven't got it in a few days and you are still getting negative tests maybe a quick check up with GP? They prob won't take it seriously unless it's at least a few weeks late.

Best of luck!
    Ahh thank you the brand I have is "Confirm" it says it is 99% from day after missed P, I've just had a tiny bit more spotting. Just wish the body could tell you what was happening. If I were pregnant it would be a very big shock lol we have said our family is complete but if we were lucky to be pregnant again I'd be ecstatic as well.