+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    What is this the 1900's? This moral outrage reminds me of the Scarlett letter, and times when women were publicly shamed for being adulterers.

Adultery is not a crime, and it has no role in the law. It is not grounds for divorce nor any other legal claim between a husband and a wife.

I have zero thoughts on a website like AM as it's none of my business what other people do in their married lives, but what these hackers did was illegal and wrong.

To my mind it's no different from hacking into people's private accounts and publishing naked photos they have taken.

You may not like sites like AM but to dress up what these hackers did with some sort of morality, or to say the members deserve this to happen, leaves me frankly quite shocked.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (22-08-2015),ExcuseMyFrench  (22-08-2015),fr3ddom  (21-08-2015),harvs  (21-08-2015),HollyGolightly81  (21-08-2015),Lincolns mummy  (21-08-2015),misskittyfantastico  (21-08-2015),monkeymama  (28-08-2015),Moxy  (21-08-2015),onionskin  (22-08-2015),Pusheen The Cat  (22-08-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (21-08-2015),smallpotatoes  (21-08-2015),TheGooch  (21-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hmmm...wonder what the posters who disagree with what the hackers did would feel if they found out their spouse was a member on the site cheating on them????

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (26-08-2015),SoThisIsLove  (21-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    Hmmm...wonder what the posters who disagree with what the hackers did would feel if they found out their spouse was a member on the site cheating on them????
    But that's like saying I don't agree with the death penalty but how would I feel is someone raped my daughter? Sorry it's a specious argument.

Of course I'd be outraged if I found out and it would probably destroy my marriage. But I still reserve my judgment for the hackers on this one.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (21-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Should Ashley Madison Cheaters be exposed?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    What is this the 1900's? This moral outrage reminds me of the Scarlett letter, and times when women were publicly shamed for being adulterers.

Adultery is not a crime, and it has no role in the law. It is not grounds for divorce nor any other legal claim between a husband and a wife.

I have zero thoughts on a website like AM as it's none of my business what other people do in their married lives, but what these hackers did was illegal and wrong.

To my mind it's no different from hacking into people's private accounts and publishing naked photos they have taken.

You may not like sites like AM but to dress up what these hackers did with some sort of morality, or to say the members deserve this to happen, leaves me frankly quite shocked.
    I tend to agree with you Sonja. Although I find a site like AM tasteless and would obviously be mortified and hurt if I found out DH was using it I would also be incredibly angry that these hackers had dragged my private life out into the public and forced me to deal with it with everyone's eyes on me. We don't know everybody's stories. I'm sure there are some going behind their spouses backs but there would also be some where there was a consensual agreement with their spouse. And then there's the stories like harvs pointed out about the man in Saudi Arabia. None of this is anyone's business really and the hackers have created far more victims than there originally were by releasing these details.
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 21-08-2015 at 21:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    I tend to agree with you Sonja. Although I find a site like AM tasteless and would obviously be mortified and hurt if I found out DH was using it I would also be incredibly angry that these hackers had dragged my private life out into the public and forced me to deal with it with everyone's eyes on me. We don't know everybody's stories. I'm sure there are some going behind their spouses backs but there would also be some where there was a consensual agreement with their spouse. And then there's the stories like harvs pointed out about the man in Saidi Arabia. None of this is anyone's business really and the hackers have created far more victims than there originally were by releasing these details.
    Exactly! Judge away at other people's lives but please don't drag them out in public for the world to share their humiliation and shame. It's like standing on the side of the road with a sign saying Jo Blogs cheats on his wife. Whose business is it anyway? Not mine nor anyone else's.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (22-08-2015),HollyGolightly81  (21-08-2015),Lincolns mummy  (21-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Think about the children. Maybe the spouse knew but their children didn't and their 14 year old goes and pops a parent's detail in the site and discovers this. Poor form hackers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My point is when you make a poor decision, you accept the consequences for it. When people make a poor decision - for example cheating, they follow through with that based on the knowledge that their spouse, children and friends MAY find out, cheating is rarely exposed by hacking - unless it's a suss spouse.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mokeybear For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (21-08-2015),BlondeinBrisvegas  (21-08-2015),MissMuppet  (21-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    But that's like saying I don't agree with the death penalty but how would I feel is someone raped my daughter? Sorry it's a specious argument.

Of course I'd be outraged if I found out and it would probably destroy my marriage. But I still reserve my judgment for the hackers on this one.
    Actually....it's a totally valid argument. People often have idea's, opinions etc of what they think they'd feel or do in certain situations until they find themselves experiencing it literally for themselves which is when many change their tune.

You're entitled to your opinion & I mine but just because you disagree with my statement/question doesn't make it wrong.
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 21-08-2015 at 21:52.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (21-08-2015),SoThisIsLove  (21-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Should Ashley Madison Cheaters be exposed?

Quote Originally Posted by Mokeybear View Post
    My point is when you make a poor decision, you accept the consequences for it. When people make a poor decision - for example cheating, they follow through with that based on the knowledge that their spouse, children and friends MAY find out, cheating is rarely exposed by hacking - unless it's a suss spouse.
    But my point is that not everyone that's going to be exposed 'deserves' to be. If my husband and I have made a consensual decision to have an open marriage and not involve our children or friends in it, that is our decision and not up to some hackers to decide that everyone should know. If it wasn't a consensual decision and my husband was cheating behind my back, of course I would be angry with my husband for choosing to cheat but I would also be incredibly angry that some holier than thou hackers took the control completely out of my hands in how I decide friends and family find out, if at all.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (22-08-2015),misskittyfantastico  (21-08-2015),Moxy  (21-08-2015),Sonja  (21-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    Actually....it's a totally valid argument. People often have idea's, opinions etc of what they think they'd feel or do in certain situations until they find themselves experiencing it literally for themselves which is when many change their tune.

You're entitled to your opinion & I mine but just because you disagree with my statement/question doesn't make it wrong.
    No, it's not. This is why we have laws, so people don't take revenge into their own hands. These hackers broke the law. The people on the website didn't.
    @Mokeybear so do you accept the public nature of the shaming?

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (22-08-2015),Curby  (22-08-2015),ExcuseMyFrench  (22-08-2015),HollyGolightly81  (21-08-2015),misskittyfantastico  (21-08-2015),Moxy  (22-08-2015),MsViking  (22-08-2015)