+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm glad they were all outted. Now where is the link so I can check my hubby's address? Lol.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Acadaca For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (20-08-2015),CompareTheMeerkat  (25-08-2015),monnie24  (20-08-2015),munchkin275  (22-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulahoop View Post
    No I don't agree with the hackers, whether they consider the site or it's users are morally 'correct' or not. However if you're silly enough to put yourself out there and think that there's never going to be a trace you kind of deserve outing. Why would you use your own family/work email/details on a site like that? Stupid.
    I think one of the controversies is that the email addresses didn't need to be verified, so Tony Blair's government work email was used. Bahaha. So people aren't necessarily using their own details.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Should Ashley Madison Cheaters be exposed?

I'm in two minds. I think sites like this that are set up specifically for cheating are disgusting, but I also don't think that hackers should set themselves up as the "moral police" and decide what is wrong and right when THEY are the ones breaking the law!

As a PP said, having an affair isn't against the law. Hacking in to any site and releasing private details is. So while part of me thinks "ha ha cheaters, sucked in, you got caught", I don't think the details should have been released.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No absolutely not.

Think about all the pedophiles (and god knows what else) that now have access (address, phone numbers, cc details etc) of potentially broken homes!!

It doesn't just affect the cheater. Imagine your child going to the list and finding mum or dad on there? This will affect more than just one scum bag.

There was no need for the hackers to do what they did. They made their point when they got in the website. And their original point was aimed at the website and not those who they inevitably exposed. Completely pointless.

I don't agree with cheating, and while I think there should be consequence, that is not up to us to decide.

I would be terrified to be one of these newly single parents, knowing what is out there.

I hope they find and prosecute them for what they've done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    While I don't condone cheating, I believe that what the hackers have done is wrong on many levels.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    From my understanding, they only published on the deep web but I could be wrong.

Anyway, I think it's wrong because people may have signed up and never acted on it.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    From my understanding, they only published on the deep web but I could be wrong.

Anyway, I think it's wrong because people may have signed up and never acted on it.
    Apparently it's not on the deep web. Very easy to find. According to reputable source news.com.au!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No way! I think the hacking and releasing people's personal details is worse than signing up to a cheating website.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (20-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think signing up to a cheating website is absolutely abhorrent. Partners cheating and being deceptive can destroy lives and is devastating. And if they get caught out and exposed its not the fault of the person blowing the whistle that their family is upset - its the consequence of choosing to embark on an affair. You choose to cheat - you run the risk of your partner finding out and your family breaking apart.

I also have no sympathy for the company involved as I think that its a distasteful and exploitative business that they run.

Despite all of that, I don't agree with the indiscriminate release of details. If you're going to expose someone for cheating you need to be pretty darn sure they are cheating. Not all of those people who've been named and shamed will be cheaters - some are journalists who signed up for research, some have been signed up by others as a gag, some signed up when single, some signed up with partner consent for various reasons. Innocent people will have been caught up.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (21-08-2015),bubbasmum  (21-08-2015),HillDweller  (25-08-2015),LoveLivesHere  (20-08-2015),Pusheen The Cat  (20-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I saw online that disgusting white trash bible basher josh duggar was on it.

wtf.

I can't understand how these ultra conservative super Christian types who lobby the hardest against all the "evil" in the world always end up being the biggest perpetrators. granted, cheating on your wife is not as bad as molesting young girls but still.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (20-08-2015),beebs  (21-08-2015),BettyW  (20-08-2015),fr3ddom  (20-08-2015),Moxy  (20-08-2015)