+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPhart6 View Post
    I've actually said this several times. I blame his parents more than him for his actions. You have a fifteen year old boy who's curious about the female body and having normal sexual urges. Meanwhile he's told everything from mast.urbation onwards is a sin outside of marriage and he should never do it.

His parents stop parenting the older kids because they don't have time. They sure as heck don't give them the s.ex talk except for "don't do it till you're married". If they had a reasonable amount of children and time to actually parent them, things could've been a lot, lot different.

I don't think he's necessarily a paedophile but more that those were the girls he had access to where a normal boy would get a girlfriend his own age at school and experiment consensually with her.

I'm not saying it's right or excusing him but I think there is something of an explanation in the way he was raised and as I said, I fully blame his parents more than him because they don't effing parent their older children.
    They don't parent their younger children either, it's a mess of children raising children.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokeybear View Post
    They don't parent their younger children either, it's a mess of children raising children.
    this. the task of parenting the younger ones falls to the shoulders of the older kids. they're expected to pitch in and be little mini adults. they're given basically very little opportunity to be kids themselves and have the benefit of attentive, supportive, present parents.

I don't honestly know what possessed this family to turn themselves into a freak show, the only lure of it I can see is the fame and dollar signs. I don't believe honestly that any couple could possibly want, need and properly care for and love that many kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    So true. Apparently a couple of the girls have moved out because they were tired of being used as quasi-parents of their siblings!

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    this. the task of parenting the younger ones falls to the shoulders of the older kids. they're expected to pitch in and be little mini adults. they're given basically very little opportunity to be kids themselves and have the benefit of attentive, supportive, present parents.

I don't honestly know what possessed this family to turn themselves into a freak show, the only lure of it I can see is the fame and dollar signs. I don't believe honestly that any couple could possibly want, need and properly care for and love that many kids.
    One of the links I read said it's estimated they made $25,000-40,000 per episode not including extra appearances on other shows and it went for quite a few seasons...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Michelle only has the babies for around six months and then they are handed off to a 'buddy' ( one of the older girls ) and they are then in charge of it, can you imagine how many babies those older girls have raised. It's just abuse.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mokeybear For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (23-08-2015),delirium  (23-08-2015),MissMuppet  (23-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPhart6 View Post
    So true. Apparently a couple of the girls have moved out because they were tired of being used as quasi-parents of their siblings!

One of the links I read said it's estimated they made $25,000-40,000 per episode not including extra appearances on other shows and it went for quite a few seasons...
    I'd believe that.

yes it ran for at least 5 seasons as it started out as 14 kids & counting. I can't even fathom the logistics of it. she must've been pregnant like every single year with what, a gap of 3-4 months between each kid?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    I'd believe that.

yes it ran for at least 5 seasons as it started out as 14 kids & counting. I can't even fathom the logistics of it. she must've been pregnant like every single year with what, a gap of 3-4 months between each kid?
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440293456.671892.jpg

227 episodes plus specials...that's a lot of cashola even if you account for tax, etc.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Off topic, but statistically at least one of those Duggar kids must (on an unrecognized level, given their upbringing) be gay. I feel so sad for them.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (23-08-2015),delirium  (23-08-2015),turquoisecoast  (23-08-2015),Wise Enough  (23-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Michelle only has the babies for around six months and then they are handed off to a 'buddy' ( one of the older girls ) and they are then in charge of it, can you imagine how many babies those older girls have raised. It's just abuse.
    Im sure youre not,but I feel like you must all be exaggerating because it's so unbelievable that this happenz like this. How sad for them. I have friends with 6+ kids, & the older ones are expected to 'help out' in the family more than a family with 1-2 kids would expect,but they are certainly not expected to raise siblings,more just 'do their bit' in the family. I dont know why someone would have kids if they are not going to raise them themselves, & those poor older girls having all that responsibility just dumped on them like that.

Again, Im quite unfamiliar with the family, but I think by definition,a paedophile is someone who is attracted to children. It seems like Josh Duggar was curious &trying to find out about the human body,not so much 'sexually attracted'. I remember in child protction training, it is normal for appx 5-7 year old kids to engage in curious 'show me yours, I'll show mine'type behaviour. Coming from such a suppressed background,he probably had the sexual maturity of a 5 year old with the hormones of a 14 year old. Very dangerous combination. I think he is probably a product of sla screwed up childhood. But if it was one of my girls who had been sexually assaulted,I cant even describe how upset and furious I would be.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cheeeeesecake For This Useful Post:

deku  (26-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeeeesecake View Post
    Im sure youre not,but I feel like you must all be exaggerating because it's so unbelievable that this happenz like this. How sad for them. I have friends with 6+ kids, & the older ones are expected to 'help out' in the family more than a family with 1-2 kids would expect,but they are certainly not expected to raise siblings,more just 'do their bit' in the family. I dont know why someone would have kids if they are not going to raise them themselves, & those poor older girls having all that responsibility just dumped on them like that.

Again, Im quite unfamiliar with the family, but I think by definition,a paedophile is someone who is attracted to children. It seems like Josh Duggar was curious &trying to find out about the human body,not so much 'sexually attracted'. I remember in child protction training, it is normal for appx 5-7 year old kids to engage in curious 'show me yours, I'll show mine'type behaviour. Coming from such a suppressed background,he probably had the sexual maturity of a 5 year old with the hormones of a 14 year old. Very dangerous combination. I think he is probably a product of sla screwed up childhood. But if it was one of my girls who had been sexually assaulted,I cant even describe how upset and furious I would be.
    They don't sound brainwashed at all...

http://youtu.be/vv8NBUJ4T00

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyBovine View Post
    Well blow me down. I had no idea Jinger's name was pronounce Ginger. I always thought it rhymed with singer.
    They were clearly running out of J names!