+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    are they actually part of a cult or is it just that ingrained fundamentalist Christian culture?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokeybear View Post
    Absolutely!

They have been so warped with all the sexual repression and peer isolation. Not to mention the male female ideal that gets drummed in to them. I can't imagine how messed up that guy must be. Ugh. Then they are married off to people they haven't even been able to kiss. Never having gotten to sow any wild oats or to even mature and figure out what they really like want and need in a partner. No formal education no chance of higher education, there sole role seems to be to breed - rinse and repeat.

Torn, part of me finds him just foul, the other part of me wonders how he would have turned out if he was raised in a more main****** way. Will be interesting but also probably quite sad to see what becomes of the rest of them.
    Sorry I deleted my post because I was worried people would take it wrong or like I was condoning him.

For those that missed it for context to MB's post, I was asking if anyone thinks the way Josh was brought up has anything to do with him molesting his sisters rather than it being just simply that he's a paedophile. Ie, an incredibly sheltered pubescent boy told that any type of exploring is wrong (watching prn, matrbtion, kissing girls in school, etc).

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (23-08-2015),Mokeybear  (22-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Should Ashley Madison Cheaters be exposed?

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    are they actually part of a cult or is it just that ingrained fundamentalist Christian culture?
    They're fundamentalist Christians which I think many think is 'cult like' but no, they're not actually in a cult.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't read all the comments, but no I don't. I think it's an invasion of privacy, just like exposing any other personal information.

I don't condone the behaviour, but I don't think exposing them is the answer. If people want to cheat, they will find a way.. Exposing them isn't going to stop the behaviour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    Sorry I deleted my post because I was worried people would take it wrong or like I was condoning him.

For those that missed it for context to MB's post, I was asking if anyone thinks the way Josh was brought up has anything to do with him molesting his sisters rather than it being just simply that he's a paedophile. Ie, an incredibly sheltered pubescent boy told that any type of exploring is wrong (watching prn, matrbtion, kissing girls in school, etc).
    I think his upbringing has definitely effed him up as it has his brothers and sisters. Fundamental Christians are just as dangerous as fundies of any religion.
    I guess we'll never know in terms of his nature vs nurture about his actions and I get it in terms if the idea that his upbringing can somehow be an excuse for behaviours that are inexcusable. I wonder if it's like catholic priests and christian brothers and all the sexual abuse. Now I'm really derailing! Sorry!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Mokeybear  (22-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Thank you - when I saw your dot I felt a bit of a raving loon 😁

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mokeybear For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (22-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokeybear View Post
    Thank you - when I saw your dot I felt a bit of a raving loon 😁
    Haha! When nobody responded for a few minutes I was like 'oh no! Everyone thinks I'm condoning it!'

11. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Mokeybear  (25-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Should Ashley Madison Cheaters be exposed?

Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    I think his upbringing has definitely effed him up as it has his brothers and sisters. Fundamental Christians are just as dangerous as fundies of any religion.
    I guess we'll never know in terms of his nature vs nurture about his actions and I get it in terms if the idea that his upbringing can somehow be an excuse for behaviours that are inexcusable. I wonder if it's like catholic priests and christian brothers and all the sexual abuse. Now I'm really derailing! Sorry!
    But in those instances it is adults whereas when discussing a 14 year old we're still looking at an under developed brain and impulse control issues. You're right though we'll never know if it's nature or nurture in his case but I definitely wonder if he'd at least gone to a normal school and had a chance to interact with people without the constant supervision of his religion if it all still would have happened.

Eta: I actually dated a fundamentalist Christian. But he went to a public school and had a job in a clothing store, so an opportunity to actual interact with people outside his religion, hence meeting me. His mom was actually the super strict one, anti him dating anyone outside their church that cut their hair and danced. His dad didn't mind.
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 22-08-2015 at 22:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I'm not actually sure you'd classify him as a pedophile. I'm no authority on what constitutes a pedophile but his behaviour definitely seems to stem from his severe upbringing rather than classic pedophilia.

He's sick. But not sure what with.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    But in those instances it is adults whereas when discussing a 14 year old we're still looking and an under developed brain and impulse control issues. You're right though we'll never know if it's nature or nurture in his case but I definitely wonder if he'd at least gone to a normal school and had a chance to interact with people without the constant supervision of his religion I wonder if it all still would have happened.
    Not necessarily - boys went into the seminary at very young ages but I digress.
    I do agree that it's one of those I wonder if cases.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post: