+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Janesmum123 View Post
    It's actually worse like someone else pointed out she knew from the beginning what he had done before she married him. This guy did this to 5 year olds. It's not normal for a 14-15 year old to be attracted to 5 year olds. There is a problem right from the get go. Anna Dugger I have no sympathy for she is putting her kids in a house with a child molester it's called enabling. I know people will look at her as a poor brainwashed woman from a cult but I have much more sympathy for her children who are in he house with this sicko. She is literally standing by doing nothing. Her and her stupid redneck family went into this head first. and the worse part is everyone knows this guy is sick but no one is doing anything, her family, his family all sitting by doing nothing. He is a time bomb waiting to go off. He won't get help because "God" fixes everything. Bunch of freaks. I would remove those kids quicker then you can say affair.
    I'm interested to know if there's been any "official interest" in his kids since the news broke. not sure how that stuff works here, never mind in the states, but surely they have to be classed as being at risk to some degree?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPhart6 View Post
    There were a lot of fake emails used given that AM didn't require email verification but what can't be disputed is credit card data with real names and addresses for people who actively used the site.

If you signed up out of curiosity to have a look around, you wouldn't have a credit card transaction on your account except perhaps a $19 fee if you paid for the "full delete" feature.

People in an open relationship are highly unlikely to have used the Ashley Madison website for their hook ups. Avid Life Media even have a separate swinger site called Swapper Net for that sort of thing.
    Yeh absolutely. It's just crazy to think of all that personal information that's now out there for who knows what to find. That's what bothers me. It's ok for people to say "oh you know who cares the cheaters deserve it" and perhaps they do deserve to be exposed to a degree, but unfortunately it's affected more than just those people. If I'm an innocent person and my husband used our credit card then I suffer because I live here too, you know? Not to mention those women with children to think about. I've seen some f**ked up things come out of the 4chan website, and the fact they were one of the first to post the list bothers me immensely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    While I'm against adultery, I don't have an issue with this website or its creators; they saw a business opportunity for something legal and have managed to successfully profit from it.
    I also don't think it's up to any of us to illegally make (what should be) secure and confidential details public in the name of morality.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (22-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    I'm interested to know if there's been any "official interest" in his kids since the news broke. not sure how that stuff works here, never mind in the states, but surely they have to be classed as being at risk to some degree?
    Who knows. Apparently the Duggars have been brought to the attention of CPS previously but nothing came of it. Hopefully someone with a brain will look into this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPhart6 View Post
    Well, I was coming here to post links to articles about two more heavily religious people who bleat about morals all the flipping time that have been outed...but since my intention was to publicly shame them for their hypocrisy, I'll just move along now.

Maybe they shouldn't be exposed and the hackers were wrong but I also find it atrocious that people who want to campaign against gay marriage, spout off about Christian values and generally talk down to anyone who doesn't subscribe to their belief system have been using a website to cheat on their wives while doing so. The hypocrisy is just too much and I won't lie, I think it's good that they've been caught out.
    Maybe this makes my thoughts hypocritical, but I think it's a different story when it's a public figure actively lobbying to put laws in place that negatively effect people that have done nothing wrong, spouting on about how family values are going to h3ll but then they are doing **** like this. Exposing them is a different story as it's needed to combat their lobbying power.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (22-08-2015),BlondeinBrisvegas  (22-08-2015),cheeeeesecake  (22-08-2015),Wise Enough  (23-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Should Ashley Madison Cheaters be exposed?

Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    @iphart I do know what you mean. I'm just not really into lynch mobs and public humiliations, no matter what. And I think the more high profile people tend to get exposed for things over time anyway. And the people that follow the same belief systems are unlikely to change their views based on anything - just make more excuses.

Even when people are d1cks of the highest order and have a public voice, they still have family and children that may not be d1cks and will suffer.

But yeah, although there may be a certain schadenfreude with some names that come out, I still think it's illegal and has some implications that are upsetting to me.

I signed up to adult matchmaker once because of an essay I was doing in cultural studies and I wanted to look at profiles. It was the only way to do that. So in theory I am a member of that site even though I never went back there (it was a very scary place!). And I only just remembered that when reading this thread. Now if that site was hacked and leaked and came out while I was still married, that probably would have been the end of my marriage.

I just don't think it's as simple as 'well they shouldn't have been on there if they didn't want to get caught'.
    Posted above before I read this, you're right as well ☺️
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 22-08-2015 at 17:04.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    OT and terrible schadenfreude but this cracked me up

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1440230293.187824.jpg

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (23-08-2015),BettyW  (22-08-2015),gingermillie  (22-08-2015),HappyBovinexx  (22-08-2015),HollyGolightly81  (22-08-2015),Mokeybear  (22-08-2015),SpecialPatrolGroup  (22-08-2015),Wise Enough  (23-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Should Ashley Madison Cheaters be exposed?

A bit tangential, but I'm wondering how people who are hacker-averse feel about Anonymous hacking the KKK website and Twitter feed?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BettyW For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (23-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I find this a tricky one. On one hand,I think 'good. Cheating bast@rds deserve to be caught.' The other part of me does think of implications for privacy & effects on spouses,children,etc. Its a good reminder that we are never truly 100% annonynous online, your privacy can always be compromised.

I've never heard of Josh Duggar before, but I can see on here some people really despise him! With good reason if he is a child molester. But I dont know.... at least he said 'yeah I did a terrible thing, I have a problem & I am sorry (..... in effect). Doesnt make it ok at all, but he seems to have owned up to it?I've read other stories of 'someone else used my email address/ details'. Yeah,sure they did. But again,I dont know about Josh Duggar at all.