+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default *trigger (suicide)* Should Ashley Madison Cheaters be exposed?

This question has been discussed a lot this week and the now the ramifications/consequences as a result of the hacking is starting to emerge. There is now a website link which loved ones/spouses/anyone can put their email address in to see if their details have been released, so consequently anyone who wishes to check if they have been cheated on or not.

So, where do you stand? What are your thoughts?

Do you take the moral high ground and think the Ashley Madison clients be outed and exposed for the cheaters they apparently are?

Or perhaps two wrongs don't make a right and that hacking is another form of control and manipulation and in this case blackmail of very sensitive information that was not the hackers to take in the first place and hence details should not be exposed? The ultimate blackmail?

Here's a link to the hacking scandal.

For the non-clickers:

Intimate details of sexual fantasies and personal information of Australian members of a cheating website have been released online.
    A copy of the leaked files contains email addresses and personal messages which appear to be from members of the cheating website Ashley Madison, the news agency service Australian Associated Press reported.
    The file contains detailed personal information from Australian users, with one message reading: "I'm open-minded and adventurous (both in and out of the bedroom), and love passionate sex - giving as much as receiving."

There are over 30 million Ashley Madison users.

Included in the message data was the user's name, location in Sydney and email.
    Advertisement
    Postal addresses from around Australia were also in the file, including a Riley St in Sydney and the details of a wedding photographer in Brisbane.
    As well as the addresses, phone numbers and names were also listed.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/digi...#ixzz3jKrT5Qsc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Personally I am all for it. I do however feel for those who are on the other side and discover their other half's infidelity. The whole existence of these sorts of sites makes me feel sick.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (20-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's not against the law to have an affair. Hacking into accounts and exposing personal details including credit cards and addresses is.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Janesmum123 For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (20-08-2015),BerryDelicious  (23-08-2015),TheGooch  (20-08-2015),VicPark  (20-08-2015)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    There was a guy on reddit who started a thread who is now terrified for his life. He is a gay man in Saudi Arabia and used AM for hook ups under his real name. Being gay is punishable by the death penalty and he is now trying to gather money to flee the country for good. So, I think there is more to it than just morality.

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (20-08-2015),atomicmama  (22-08-2015),BerryDelicious  (23-08-2015),billykate  (22-08-2015),HollyGolightly81  (20-08-2015),munchkin275  (20-08-2015),TheGooch  (20-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Absolutely against it. Releasing personal details like that is awful. I'm not condoning affairs, but not all marriages are the average marriage so who am I to say who can and can't have a relationship outside their marriage? I actually wonder if they really thought through the bigger impact; marriage breakdowns, the effects on children, possible suicides that come from being exposed. It's disgraceful.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (22-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Absolutely not, no, they should not be exposed! It's a breach of privacy. I don't like the website of course, but who are they (the hackers) to decide whether these people who are not breaking any kind of law by cheating, be outed. What if some one found out they were being cheated on because of this and were so upset they harmed themselves in some way?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No I don't agree with the hackers, whether they consider the site or it's users are morally 'correct' or not. However if you're silly enough to put yourself out there and think that there's never going to be a trace you kind of deserve outing. Why would you use your own family/work email/details on a site like that? Stupid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Two wrongs don't make a right. This has potential to ruin many lives and possibly cause a few deaths. Many people cheat and while I think it's deplorable it isn't illegal.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Once Upon a Time For This Useful Post:

Janesmum123  (20-08-2015),SuperGranny  (26-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Hacking = wrong always.

That site is absolutely gross and I have no sympathy for cheaters being caught.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Definitely not. What were the hackers hoping to achieve by exposing these people's personal information like this? It's not only the cheaters that will suffer the effects of this, but the people they cheated on and their families as well. Who knows what damage this could possibly cause.