+ Reply to Thread

Default Help, bfp but low progesterone

I'm after a bit if advice.
    I've had 2 chemical this year, one at 4 weeks in feb on a natural cycle and one at 5 week last cycle on clomid. This current cycle has been all over the place with 2 lh surges and fertility friend not even showing that I o'd at one point. I had a blood test on Tuesday to confirm o and my results came back with e2 about 1000 but progesterone only 6.6. FS said that I did o but it's low so I should get my period soon.
    However, I got a bfp this morning, it's faint but I'd only be 8 dpo at most. I'm now completely freaking out because my progesterone is so low😖. Is it going to be another chemical?
    Can I sustain a pregnancy with p that low?
    Do I ring FS and ask for supplements or is it to early for that?
    It's hard to be excited about a bfp when I've already lost 2 this year.

Far North QLD
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Louise, I'd give the office of FS a ring & let them know you got your BFP & that you're concerned about your progesterone levels. Hopefully the doctor will have a look at your bloods & get you started on progesterone support if needed. If you've been seeing them for ttc hopefully they should be all over it for you. Good luck & congrats on your BFP

Similar Threads

1. Day 21 progesterone anyone?
    By KittyDeFleur in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14-05-2015, 15:47
  2. progesterone levels help
    By slipper in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23-12-2014, 14:48
  3. Progesterone pessaries timing
    By M'LadyEm in forum Non-IVF fertility assistance
    Replies: 10