+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Help TMI - husband doesn't follow instructions

Background:

Hubby's swimmers are JUST normal based on a SA done last week. He did however not abstain for the 4 days he was asked to abstain by Genea. No he thought it was a good idea to ejaculate midway in between the 4 days.

This is not the only issue, he ejaculates almost every day and I don't think this is great given that his swimmers are borderline.

He also doesn't give up the red wine and hot tubs which is making me very angry.

Needless to say I am reluctant to go through IVF without ICSI because he cannot seem to follow any instructions given by the doctor to improve his swimmers.

I might just as well give up trying naturally with clomid. What's the point if he is unable to produce sufficient semen when needed because he ejaculates daily and kills the rest with cooking his balls?

Does any of your husbands have a hard time following instructions? What do you do about it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you sat him down and explained? Have you told him you can only use clomid so many times and that time is of the essence? I find men need direct instruction and constant reminders! Does he understand the costs of IVF?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did explain this to him many times but I found it goes into one ear and out of the other... I am just ready to give up. It's like I am trying to do this alone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't want to sound harsh, but would be having a very frank conversation with him about whether he seriously wants a baby or not... I don't want to sound holier than thou, but my DH gave up smoking (still doesn't smoke) and drinking and did everything within his control to help our IVF attempts succeed. Personally I would not go through that without 100% commitment from my partner. You are obviously committed to consider IVF, just consider if he is the guy to do it with? Or if he is taking it as seriously as he needs to. At the end of the day you are the one with the ticking clock, he can muck about till he is 70 if he wants! Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Bill him for a full cycle for each ejaculation.
    Sometimes men need to see it on paper in black and white.

Hugs