+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hydrozole cream

Hi all, my 13 month old daughter has a red rash like couple of blotches on the skin on her face below her bottom lip. I went to the Pharmacist today to see if they might know what it is and what cream I could use to treat it safely given it is near her lips. The pharmacist thought it looked like it could be fungal and suggested we use Hydrozole cream on it twice a day. I got home and read the box and it said do not use on under two year olds without being advised to do so by a doctor. Does anyone know what the risks might be from Hydrozole for an under two year old child?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wouldn't use it.
    We've used cortisone creams for DS's eczema and the doctor told us not to use it on his face because the skin there is much thinner so more easily damaged. It also had warning labels on it saying never use it on the face.Ours was a stronger, prescription strength one though.
    I imagine that it says not to use it on kids under 2 for the same reason. They have much thinner skin.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DarcyJ For This Useful Post:

buttonbub  (19-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When my one of my kids was little and still in nappies, one of them had quite bad nappy rash, and I do remember getting hydrozole. I used it sparingly but just check with your doctor first, just to make sure. As especially as it is under her lip, she could accidentally ingest it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Marchbundle For This Useful Post:

buttonbub  (19-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When my DS was little (I'd say about 6 months?) we were told by our paed to use hydrozole on his face under his mouth and his neck creases as he had really awful sore rash from dribbling. It cleared it up really quickly and we didn't need to use it much. It didn't seem to hurt him or anything, but I would check with a Dr to be safe.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubintummy For This Useful Post:

buttonbub  (19-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've used under 2, on the advice of a GP and a pharmacist but it was in nappy region.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialK For This Useful Post:

buttonbub  (19-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've used steroid creams on my daughter's face under 2. Actually she was probsbly 10 months. Our paed suggested it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

buttonbub  (19-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for your responses girls. I rang our GP and she said it's fine to use on my daughter, just to rub it in really well. BB. ☺