+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF Mummas Getting their Groove Back

This thread is for all the ivf mummas who would like support while trying to get fit and healthy again after having a bub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ScubaGal, @KitiK, @sarahf, @canuck28, @BabyOB + anyone else who would like to join us, all welcome

Girls here is the new thread! I'm on my phone so didn't know how to post the thread webpage, have have just linked u over here

I'm 3 weeks into mb12wbt and its weigh in day. I had a bad weekend in terms of eating (big Sunday breakfast at my parents) so I know my results won't be as good as they could be. I'm good when eating at home but as soon as I go to someone else's house I can't say no to their nice food.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @akakura! Look forward to sharing our journey! Do we all want to have a weigh in day on Wednesdays? Goodluck everyone! x

4. The Following User Says Thank You to KitiK For This Useful Post:

akakura  (19-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ooh I might join! DS2 is now almost 4 months yet I keep mentally using the 'I have a newborn' excuse!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Thanks @akakura

Good idea @KitiK for Wednesday weigh ins.

I'm signed up for 12WBT starting 14 Sept and have started doing the pre-season stuff including some stretching last night which is one of the weekly challenges. Unfortunately almost all of the stretches hurt thanks to lingering SPD/Pelvic pain so I think it's off to the Physio for me.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (19-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Ok my Wednesday starting weight is: 82.7

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for starting this akakura!

Weighing in every Wednesday is a great idea. My first weigh in is 64 Kg.

More on the Couch to 5 KM running program. The reason I like it is because it's free, you can do it anywhere and anytime. The commitment is to run 3 times per week for 3 mins. Any days or time that suit you so it's hard to find an excuse. It starts you off very gradually...running 1.5 mins and then walking 3...at the end of 12 weeks you should be able to run non stop for 30 mins. I did it two years ago after first bub and it worked. I signed up for the 5k portion of the Melb Marathon which was a good motivator. I started again 8 weeks ago and can currently run 24 mins no stopping so I'm getting there. Anyone can run? It's just mental barriers ( and kids!) that stop you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nice work @canuck28 glad u've found the exercise that works for u. I absolutely hate running too hard on my body so bike riding is my thing.

I did a spin class this morning after my predicted not great weigh in: 77.7kg (down 0.4) 😔 total loss 1.8kg (or 11.3kg if u count from day before birth 😁)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys I'm going to join in too. I thought if I'm following you guys I might get the motivation I need to get moving and be more healthy again. I was doing great with everything up until a month ago when I stopped expressing and my Dr lowered my thyroxine dosage and I put on 2kg. It might have something to do also with the amount of chocolate and lollies I've been eating and not to mention the cans of coke also.....
    I've missed weigh in this morning but I will weigh myself tomorrow and start from there. I'm going to start by cutting out my sweets and start on the treadmill and bike and see what happens. Looking forward to sharing with you guys!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Has anyone got a good strategy to stave off the afternoon food fest?

I eat a healthy breakfast and lunch then 3pm, BAM! I eat everything in sight...