+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 5 heart Beats!

Congratulations, although I imagine very scary as well as exciting.

I would reduce, but it doesn't matter what I would do, it only matters what is right for your family. Good luck with your decision x
    Last edited by NoteToSelf; 21-08-2015 at 18:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    There is no right or wrong unfortunately. I guess since you already have 3 other kids (not sure on ages) you need to think how you could go with special needs children if it were to happen. God I sound horrible writing that. Think about what plans you could have in place to cope if say 2 of them needed extra care?

What sort of frame do you have? If you are a small build that could factor in too. I'm a large frame so there would be more room for babies.

I would do some research on what the odds are of having 5 healthy babies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I know it's hard not too think about all the options, but right now I think it's really early and you should just wait and see what happens and then obviously look more into your options about continuing or reducing and the risks that come along with both choices when you and the drs are more confident about your situation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Well I am a pram freak!!! Most of my old DIG would know 😁😁 there is a few prams you can get that can cater to your needs..........!!!

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1440074081.628996.jpg

I've always wanted one just to.... Try it! Bahahaha. I'm not sure on your financial situation but I would def look at a nanny or move close to family that's just my opinion because the first few months will be crazy!! Or can family come help you x

5. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (22-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaGal View Post
    I wouldn't reduce no. I remember Mary Coustas the Australian actress and her story of years of infertility when she finally got pregnant with triplets she was told to reduce so she did and then lost the remaining baby.
    It should be pointed out that she lost the remaining baby in a stillbirth. It had nothing to do with complications from the reduction. Though, of course, the reduction left her with only one baby before the worst thing imaginable happened and she was left with no bub in her arms.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (21-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPhart6 View Post
    It should be pointed out that she lost the remaining baby in a stillbirth. It had nothing to do with complications from the reduction. Though, of course, the reduction left her with only one baby before the worst thing imaginable happened and she was left with no bub in her arms.
    Yes good point.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I personally could never have a reduction. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I did.
    For you. I think you really need to spend lots of time research the risk and benefits of both reducing and not reducing. But most importantly you need to do some real soul search and make sure you are 100% happy with your decision. No matter which path you take it will be bloody hard on you. So I am sending lots of hugs.
    I would look at seeing a councillor to help you work through your feelings through your journey.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Sookie Stackedhouse  (21-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've sent you a PM

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow! I had twins and I thought that was a shook, I can't even imagine how I would feel about 5 at once. All the best! Sending you lots and lots of goodness. I hope you share your journey with us all. It would be awesome to hear what it's like.. The good the bad and the ugly and the pretty.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg such a hard decision! It totally depends on your situation and if it was me I wouldn't reduce and leave it to Mother Nature cause I only have 1 other child. I would then get myself a you tube account connected to a Facebook page and document key moments to maybe generate income and perhaps a give a little page? 5 babies won't be cheap.
    That's just me tho lol.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to chances For This Useful Post:

bezzy  (21-08-2015)