+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Plus Size IVF friendly doctor/clinic in Melbourne

Hi,
    Does anyone know of a clinic or doctor who is fat friendly?
    My only issue is I am overweight and the reason I want to do IVF is because I had my tubes tied. My weight wasn't an issue when I had my 2 children from a previous relationship.
    The clinics I have spoken to have BMI restrictions. The clinic I spoke to most recently that there was some doctors who would do the treatment for larger women, but I wasn't smart enough to ask for a name.
    Has anyone been through IVF as a plus size woman?
    Any leads would be helpful.

Thanks
    Georgia

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi there, I think it depends on the doctor as well. I went with Monash Clayton, Dr Vollenhoven. She doesn't have a BMI restriction per se, but she will put you through the absolute wringer in terms of tests to make sure she's satisfied you're healthy enough to put your bod through IVF in the first place. With me , I had no diagnosable fertility issue (I'm classed as "unknown infertility") so she was happy enough for me to lose a few kgs and proceed from there. But it all depends on your situation, eg if you have something like pcos or diabetes, she may ask you to get yourself to a certain weight or size before she's happy to treat you.

Good luck xx

SpotTheOcelot is offline 'Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was a Melbourne IVF patient and I'm a hefty lass. Not once was it mentioned as my FS knew I am aware that it's not ideal. But in no real way did it stop me getting BFP 's on a regular basis.