+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Tell me about your trampoline...

As per title, I'm looking for advice on getting trampoline for kids (Xmas gift). They will be 3yo & 2x 1yo. What do I need to know - springs v no springs, size, net, under tramp net, ladder, delivery, set up...tell me everything

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    9We got our ds one for his 3rd birthday from jumpstar trampolines, we got him the 4.5 foot one as we don't have much space it is amazing, it arrived really quickly and wasn't as
    much as I had budgeted for.
    It had a net and the springs are covered, it too dh probably an hour to put together

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hoping28 For This Useful Post:

Rice  (16-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have an 8ft, at parties I don't let more then 3/4 "big" kids in there, so I wouldn't recommend anything smaller then that.
    I would have loved a spring free but it was too expensive at the time for us, so I got the one where the safety net is in front of the springs, as even though they have the padding, little feet still sometimes fall through when the springs are on the inside.
    I would also make sure the weight limit is as high as possible to get maximum use out it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sparklebug For This Useful Post:

Rice  (16-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Tell me about your trampoline...

We got a 12ft one from oz tramp when DS was 3, I thought it was better to get bigger straight away and he loves it, I've had 6 kids on at once no problem plus DH and I can get on which is cool too! they delivered it and it comes with the netting and ladder , all our friends and family have various trampolines and ours by far is the best! DH and my SIL set it up in about an hour
    http://www.oztrampolines.com.au/mobile/index.asp

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Rice  (16-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

when my girls were little (about 2 and 4) I bought them a trampoline 6 ft in diameter but they soon out grew that. This Christmas just gone, we upgraded and bought them a 14ft one from Kmart. with padding, net which zips up. It was quite cheap around $200. They are now 8 and 10. My partner set it up with a little help from me. The dog even gets up in there and has a run around. I figure, go with a bigger trampoline as it will cost you less in the long run....and yes that's me on the trampoline after we set it up for them lol

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Marchbundle For This Useful Post:

Rice  (16-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We no longer have our trampoline as it got damaged with wind. My advice if you are in a windy location is to make sure it is tied down REALLY well. We thought ours was tied down well until we came home one windy day and found it had flown up over our very tall trees and landed up against the house. We got rid of it pretty quickly after that.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to new mum 15809 For This Useful Post:

Rice  (16-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing! I'm looking for one too for Christmas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Get as big a one as you can afford/will fit in your yard.
    Look at reviews/videos of spring free tramps, there's a video of the 'spring' things breaking carrots as kids bounce. They are bad for knees as well as you bounce kinda sideways due to the spring free action.

We got a vuly and it's awesome. 15ft and plenty big enough for a few kids and adults. It did blow away and we had to replace parts of it but it was really really windy, it blew over our car and down the paddock about 150m. It was pegged down with heavy duty stockyard pegs as well.

Some people say target/big w only last only last a year or 2 before being wrecked, some say theirs has lasted numerous years. I haven't read of anyone regretting buying a vuly. They do 1/2 price parts as well, not sure if you can easily get parts for other brands.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mopoke For This Useful Post:

Rice  (17-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We need to replace our trampoline - it lasted almost 3 years and my Mum bought it for DS 5th birthday from one of those online stores (can't think of the name of it). We're looking at getting a Vuly at Christmas time as both our kids love the trampoline and a few friends have them and love them.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to nelljm For This Useful Post:

Rice  (17-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vuly hands down the best for me. 1/2 price replacement parts too. comes with a tent which can be like a big trampoline cubby.. i wouldn't waste my time with cheap tramps, they don't last.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

Rice  (17-08-2015)