+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Woo!!! How long did he sleep?
    50minutes!! Which when I've spent the last 3 weeks trying to get a minute past 25mins is amazing!! Pitty when I do have the time I spend half the time looking round the house wondering where to even start!

The last two naps weren't as tear free but bedtime was.....well nearly! I actually left the curtains open a little so it wasn't too dark and that stopped the crying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ladybug14 View Post
    50minutes!! Which when I've spent the last 3 weeks trying to get a minute past 25mins is amazing!! Pitty when I do have the time I spend half the time looking round the house wondering where to even start!

The last two naps weren't as tear free but bedtime was.....well nearly! I actually left the curtains open a little so it wasn't too dark and that stopped the crying.
    Great!!! So happy for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jacks a complete mess. I spoke to a nurse tonight, one from a sleep school, paid $85 for an hour consult. Originally it was to discuss his habits but it turned into her confirming all his symptoms are silent reflux and he is in pain and possible allergy. She said he would fail any sleep training until I get it under control. She was a wealth of info so it was great. I just need to find a good Pead.

Jack is screaming after his feeds, his poo is explosive, tonight to get him to sleep I've had to use so many methods, right now he is on his tummy in my bed (big no no for SIDS) and he is on his second round of Panadol for the night. He kicks and squirms and screams after the feed its just awful.

So i suppose at the moment this thread isn't gonna help me until I get him sorted on some medication that's right for him and the right formula!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    Jacks a complete mess. I spoke to a nurse tonight, one from a sleep school, paid $85 for an hour consult. Originally it was to discuss his habits but it turned into her confirming all his symptoms are silent reflux and he is in pain and possible allergy. She said he would fail any sleep training until I get it under control. She was a wealth of info so it was great. I just need to find a good Pead.

Jack is screaming after his feeds, his poo is explosive, tonight to get him to sleep I've had to use so many methods, right now he is on his tummy in my bed (big no no for SIDS) and he is on his second round of Panadol for the night. He kicks and squirms and screams after the feed its just awful.

So i suppose at the moment this thread isn't gonna help me until I get him sorted on some medication that's right for him and the right formula!
    Hope you have a better night tonight. Hopefully now that you have a cause they can treat it easily so you all get more RnR!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh tonight is very bad. I don't know what's going on, he is still in my arms and every 5-10 mins he crunches in pain abs his while body goes stiff. He has had Panadol and that's the only thing that's calmed him.

My husband decided to change him into allepro in the middle of the night last night! I was furious but then in the morning I thought well we might as well continue it...but surely just changing formula can't make him this upset 😞. Longest stretch of sleep today/tonight is 2 hours, he is a mess and so are we.

My DD also has tonsillitis and an ear infection. 🔫 me now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Oh nicsta, what a horrible night. Poor bubba. On the bright side you know what it is now so you can work on getting it sorted. Maybe ask around on BH for a paed recommendation. Also I'm pretty sure if you rang RISA (reflux infants support association) they might have a recommendation for a paed who understands silent reflux.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Poor little bubba sorry you're having such a hard time @Nicsta83

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have a question please for @A-Squared , @VicPark or anyone who may be able to help..

DD is 6.5 weeks born at 38 weeks. She is both breast and bottle fed. Last week we have tried 2 different things...

The evening begins in the same way;
    6pm - breastfeed and bottle top up
    7pm - bed

Scenario 1
    10.30 - DH wakes her to feed her a bottle (we did this so I can go to bed at 8 and get a decent stretch of sleep)
    3.30 DD wakes on her own I BF and bottle top up - she grunts mercilessly after this feed that I am unable to go back to sleep next to her
    7.00 am DD wakes for the day

Last night DH wanted to just leave her to sleep with out doing the 10.30 wake up which is

Scenario 2
    After being in bed at 7pm
    12.30ish DD wakes on her own and DH feeds her and gets her resettled at 1.30am
    5.30 DD wakes for feed and I BF her and then bottle top up. She grunts a but but is still sleeping now and I've gotten up at 7am and sorting out DS with brekky etc..

What do people think? Do we wake her for the 10.30pm feed or just let her do her thing for now and see what happens?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Could you still do the 10:30 feed but as a dream feed, so don't completely wake her?

Dream feeds can be great if bub isn't ever fully awake, so I'd try that.

Dream feeds never worked for my 2 as they would fully wake and also wake their usual number of times.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

babyla  (25-08-2015),VicPark  (25-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Could you still do the 10:30 feed but as a dream feed, so don't completely wake her?

Dream feeds can be great if bub isn't ever fully awake, so I'd try that.

Dream feeds never worked for my 2 as they would fully wake and also wake their usual number of times.
    Thanks for your reply! Sorry I wasn't very clear - DH is pretty much doing it as a dream feed but I'm more wondering which routine you think is better? and perhaps why? Will it be easier in future to drop a 3.30am feed?