+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    How long is he chatting before you get him up? Would he stop chatting and actually fall asleep if you 'interfered' (patting, lie with him, etc)?

Sorry, I totally misunderstood your post and thought you meant you'd been trying patting for a couple weeks and it wasn't working ☺️.

My DS is definitely a child where teething and wonder weeks really affected him. For his teeth, only nuerofen works overnight and elevating his cot (a book under each leg at the top) helps relieve the pressure. Also helps with congestion if you haven't tried already.

We're currently at our last tooth cutting (before the 2 year molars at least) and I'm looking forward to a break from these efffing teeth!

There is definitely hope though girls, he loves having a nap and doesn't need me to lie with him at all anymore, sleeps 2.5-3 hours! Same with bedtime, loves going to bed and sleeping until 6.30-7 once I figured out that letting him wake on his own at naptime (rather than waking him after 2hrs) meant he stopped waking at 5am!

No need to apologise! I have left him for 30 min before he starts crying (he escalates quickly once he starts) and I go in to calm him and he will almost always fall asleep almost as soon as he stops crying - I assume it's because I'm patting/rubbing his back to calm him. If I go in after 5 - 10 min and start patting him, he will also generally go off to sleep. Also, if he isn't asleep, as soon as I leave the room he's sitting up.

We've been doing nurofen, because we've found the same thing! Have not tried books yet, so will get DH on to the books.

Enjoy your break from the teeth! It seems unnecessarily nasty to me. I had my wisdom teeth moving around when DS's first 2 teeth came through. I have so much sympathy for the poor little things. 4 at once seems excessive, my poor kiddo.

I'm glad you've got the sleep sorted! It gives me great hope!

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Helping your child sleep better

Just bumping this thread incase there is a mummy or daddy out there who are having difficulty finding that magic solution to helping their bub sleep through and would like a helping hand. Fell free to PM me if you don't want to go public.
    Last edited by VicPark; 29-01-2016 at 19:16.