+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    My DS was the same early on. I thought he was uncomfortable but my midwife told me if he's not distressed, leave him be. It was such a shock as DD was never noisy. Is it a boy thing? First signs of snoring!? 😉
    My DS is a lot louder than my DD! He grunted a lot, now he just wakes! Went to Pead today and on losec, said come back in 3 weeks if No better. He just reckons that babies wake cause they can't self regulate....I translate that to they don't know how to go to sleep...which in jacks case is true as he is reliant on rocking since he has always seemed in such pain!

He doesn't seem in pain now on the allepro after a feed so I'll see how next few days go and maybe I'll start 'teaching him' aghhh the joys

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week

Default Helping your child sleep better

Has anyone here used CIO for night wakings?

DS self settles at the start of the night and for all naps (also naps 1.5 - 2 hours) but still wakes anywhere from once to 6 times a night (6 is only when he's sick - which Id expect). But I'm now getting tired every single day and can barely keep my head up. 11 months of not sleeping all night is taking it's toll on my body, emotions and marriage.

Paed has recommended it too as DS has far too many feeds at night and he needs to start eating more solids as he's 11 months but still only 7kgs. (3.3 kgs when born) and I need to wean him off breastfeeding all together as he's just not getting enough calories.

Looking for others' experiences (did it work, did it not?) no judgements please. Please remember which thread I've selected to post this in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicsta83 View Post
    My DS is a lot louder than my DD! He grunted a lot, now he just wakes! Went to Pead today and on losec, said come back in 3 weeks if No better. He just reckons that babies wake cause they can't self regulate....I translate that to they don't know how to go to sleep...which in jacks case is true as he is reliant on rocking since he has always seemed in such pain!

He doesn't seem in pain now on the allepro after a feed so I'll see how next few days go and maybe I'll start 'teaching him' aghhh the joys
    That's great news! Hopefully the combination of losec and new formula gets bub feeling well and hopefully sleeping a bit better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Baybla it sounds like your bub is going great! If the dream feed works I personally would chose that. Simply to try and avoid bub waking close to 5:30am - nearly wake up time. It can be harder to get a bub back to sleep around then. If bub has trouble resettling then you could get into a habit of early rising.

Dreamfeeds can disrupt a bubs sleep if they wake.

Some suggestions:
    - give it a little longer before making a call on whether the dreamfeed works. At 6.5 weeks bub is still young and mum and dad are still new to the technique
    - give any change in routine at least a week before making a call on the effect. Chopping and changing every few nights I don't think is conducive to making a solid call.
    - if you do dreamfeed then then consider cutting the dreamfeed after bub is established on solids (3 x meals including protein) for 8 weeks. If you continue the DF too long it can interfere with solid intake and sleep cycles.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

babyla  (27-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

DS self settles at the start of the night and for all naps (also naps 1.5 - 2 hours) but still wakes anywhere from once to 6 times a night (6 is only when he's sick - which Id expect). But I'm now getting tired every single day and can barely keep my head up. 11 months of not sleeping all night is taking it's toll on my body, emotions and marriage.

Paed has recommended it too as DS has far too many feeds at night and he needs to start eating more solids as he's 11 months but still only 7kgs. (3.3 kgs when born) and I need to wean him off breastfeeding all together as he's just not getting enough calories.

Looking for others' experiences (did it work, did it not?) no judgements please. Please remember which thread I've selected to post this in.
    With ds1 we used cc and we did it for night wakings too. He used to wake at least hourly and I was still feeding every 3 hours or so and then just rocking etc to help him sleep. With cc he was much better within 2-3 days and would only wake once or twice and would be able to go back to sleep with only a few minutes crying. Within 2 weeks he was sleeping 12 hours with no crying at all.
    Like the others I'm pretty fed up of the night waking already and my bub is only 9 weeks! He just spends all night grunting and squirming and if I ignore him he starts crying after a couple on minutes. Does anyone have any tips on settling without feeding? At the moment I don't mind feeding him to send him back to deeper sleep as he's a short feeder (10 mins) but it's now getting to be every 1.5-2 hours and I'm worried he's getting into a bad habit. The problem is the only other way to settle him is to bring him into bed which I would prefer not to do. I know with some training later on I'll prob get him out of it but it's hard to function at the moment when I'm busy all day looking after a baby and toddler.

Thanks
    Reviews

Yes I used CC for my DD night wakings to wean her off night feeds at 6 months. Worked in one night for her. She still woke when sick etc but I never fed her again when she woke (or only a hand full of times) She cried I think for 1.5 hours.

I know im going to have to do CC with DS eventually (sometime in next month or so) but God I'm not looking forward to it, I hate doing it, but love the benefits!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nicsta83 For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (27-08-2015),nh2489  (26-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nh2489 View Post
    With ds1 we used cc and we did it for night wakings too. He used to wake at least hourly and I was still feeding every 3 hours or so and then just rocking etc to help him sleep. With cc he was much better within 2-3 days and would only wake once or twice and would be able to go back to sleep with only a few minutes crying. Within 2 weeks he was sleeping 12 hours with no crying at all.
    Like the others I'm pretty fed up of the night waking already and my bub is only 9 weeks! He just spends all night grunting and squirming and if I ignore him he starts crying after a couple on minutes. Does anyone have any tips on settling without feeding? At the moment I don't mind feeding him to send him back to deeper sleep as he's a short feeder (10 mins) but it's now getting to be every 1.5-2 hours and I'm worried he's getting into a bad habit. The problem is the only other way to settle him is to bring him into bed which I would prefer not to do. I know with some training later on I'll prob get him out of it but it's hard to function at the moment when I'm busy all day looking after a baby and toddler.
    I feel you at 9 weeks I was like hurry up and be old enough to sleep train! I actually tried at 9 weeks and failed! With my DD I trained at 9 weeks and it was pretty successful.

Anyway DS is now 13 weeks and I often resettle without feeding. He gets Max 2 feeds a night. Other wakings I either rock or I put my hand on his tummy firmly, both take forever! This morning I was in there from 5:20 till 6 doing the tummy thing and then he woke again at 640!

So a question for you guys....assuming DS is not sick and no longer in pain when should I sleep train and get him to self settle. I should add at the moment he has only just on the last 2 days got to a point where he lets me put him down and he doesn't wake, he has actually slept either 45 mins or even longer!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nicsta83 For This Useful Post:

nh2489  (26-08-2015),torn13  (27-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My firstbwas aterrible frunter and my 9 week old is the same. Cant wait for it to end lol as my hubbybis a terrible snorer as well so i am going crazy at the moment with all this noise at nightime.

Also following when to start sleep training as I have an 8 week old who wakes after every 45min cycle during the day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry my first sentence is meant to say...my firstborn was a terrible grunter lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yea today I tried to settle Jack after 1 hour 20 of waking which worked a treat yesterday and it failed. Tried till 10am then had to give up. He finally fell asleep at 1040 in the car which is 3 hours from when he woke up!? Wtf is up with it!? So frustrating