+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @babyla, sorry I'm no help. I'm wondering the same thing with my bub.

Totally stuffed! Bub has spent nearly 2 weeks (with only a couple of good nights) waking every 1.5-2.5hrs at night. Can't work out what's wrong. He's nearly 3months-has anyone had the 4month sleep regression happen early? Not sure what else it could be.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ladybug14 For This Useful Post:

babyla  (25-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    Thanks for your reply! Sorry I wasn't very clear - DH is pretty much doing it as a dream feed but I'm more wondering which routine you think is better? and perhaps why? Will it be easier in future to drop a 3.30am feed?
    To be honest, I don't think it matters really. A baby will either wake out of hunger or habit (habit when they're older), I'd be inclined to use time between feeds as a guide, so if bub is going 3.5 hours between feeds in the day Id say keep doing the 10:30 dream feed.

Also if bub is going say 3.5 hours in the day and bub is waking more often than every 3.5 hours, I would try and settle without a feed.

Sorry I'm not sure that actually helps.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

babyla  (25-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    @babyla I just wanted to pop in and say with my last 2 babies I had the same conundrum and honestly never got an answer for me which was better out of the 2 scenarios. One week I'd do the dream feed every night and then they'd wake again for a feed and be unsettled. So the next week I'd leave them to wake and still they'd wake twice and with the 2nd wake up be unsettled.

I'm honestly not sure what the best choice is. Just posting to say I've been in your exact position and never worked it out!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

babyla  (25-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Helping your child sleep better

I have a question please for @A-Squared , @VicPark or anyone who may be able to help..

DD is 6.5 weeks born at 38 weeks. She is both breast and bottle fed. Last week we have tried 2 different things...

The evening begins in the same way;
    6pm - breastfeed and bottle top up
    7pm - bed

Scenario 1
    10.30 - DH wakes her to feed her a bottle (we did this so I can go to bed at 8 and get a decent stretch of sleep)
    3.30 DD wakes on her own I BF and bottle top up - she grunts mercilessly after this feed that I am unable to go back to sleep next to her
    7.00 am DD wakes for the day

Last night DH wanted to just leave her to sleep with out doing the 10.30 wake up which is

Scenario 2
    After being in bed at 7pm
    12.30ish DD wakes on her own and DH feeds her and gets her resettled at 1.30am
    5.30 DD wakes for feed and I BF her and then bottle top up. She grunts a but but is still sleeping now and I've gotten up at 7am and sorting out DS with brekky etc..

What do people think? Do we wake her for the 10.30pm feed or just let her do her thing for now and see what happens?
    I found that DS woke more often when we did a dream feed, with some babies it encourages them to wake more. If she's doing longer stints without it I would probably not push the dream feed as I'd be too scared of causing the more frequent wakings to be a habit.

Totally forgot about the newborn grunting!!! DS sounded like an elephant in the early hours of the morning, he's been so quiet for so long now I totally forgot how loud he used to be until I read your post!
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 25-08-2015 at 17:29.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (25-08-2015),babyla  (25-08-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (25-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks everyone. Just spoke to DH and we've decided that we'll let DD decide. For now anyway. Last night worked quite well. She had her immunisations today so not banking on anything either way.
    @hollygolightly - the grunting is intense! I'm hoping that when that passes I will at least sleep a bit better

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks everyone. Just spoke to DH and we've decided that we'll let DD decide. For now anyway. Last night worked quite well. She had her immunisations today so not banking on anything either way.
    @hollygolightly - the grunting is intense! I'm hoping that when that passes I will at least sleep a bit better
    I totally forgot how I pretty much didn't get any sleep in the early hours of the morning because DS would be sound asleep next to me elephant trumpeting! I longed for when he would just be quiet and now that you've reminded me I kinda miss it 😢

Thanks
    Reviews
    What is with the grunting?! I always assumed it was trapped wind but it sounds like a lot of babies do it and 3am seems to be the start time. My ds2 is now 9 weeks and he's so bad! Annoyingly we've been using a dummy to help with his colic but he's now quite reliant on it and when he starts squirming and grunting it keeps falling out which means I spend most of the night putting it back in. Arghh!!
    When ds1 was 6 months and we did some sleep training I bought a soft toy rabbit with Velcro paws where you can attach 4 dummies. Was brilliant! Can't wait until this one is old enough to use it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by nh2489 View Post
    What is with the grunting?! I always assumed it was trapped wind but it sounds like a lot of babies do it and 3am seems to be the start time. My ds2 is now 9 weeks and he's so bad! Annoyingly we've been using a dummy to help with his colic but he's now quite reliant on it and when he starts squirming and grunting it keeps falling out which means I spend most of the night putting it back in. Arghh!!
    When ds1 was 6 months and we did some sleep training I bought a soft toy rabbit with Velcro paws where you can attach 4 dummies. Was brilliant! Can't wait until this one is old enough to use it!
    I think most newborns are noisy sleepers and it's worse in the early morning hours because that's when they go into a lighter sleep. I'm sure with some it may be discomfort but my DS was definitely comfortably sleeping, just noisy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    My DS was the same early on. I thought he was uncomfortable but my midwife told me if he's not distressed, leave him be. It was such a shock as DD was never noisy. Is it a boy thing? First signs of snoring!? 😉

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ladybug14 View Post
    @babyla, sorry I'm no help. I'm wondering the same thing with my bub.

Totally stuffed! Bub has spent nearly 2 weeks (with only a couple of good nights) waking every 1.5-2.5hrs at night. Can't work out what's wrong. He's nearly 3months-has anyone had the 4month sleep regression happen early? Not sure what else it could be.
    Omg ladybug same here!!!! Jack is being a real pain! He is 13 weeks tomorrow and last 4 nights has woken every 2.5 hours for first 2 sleeps then every hour!