+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    The reason I ask is that I was too scared to feed to sleep with dd1 as the propaganda given by the hospital and community nurses said it could lead to sleep issues... They really pushed the feed play sleep thing. It didn't make a difference though as dd1 still never slept through consistently until she was 2.5 years old.
    So I plan on just doing whatever is easy with dd2 and that means feeding to sleep as she loves it
    Bullsh!t!!!

Feeding to sleep is the biological NORM. Breast milk contains lovely sleepy hormones for both bub and mum. Why not do exactly what nature intended??

Anyone who tells you otherwise is an idiot.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (25-11-2015),BornToBe  (25-11-2015),Little Miss Sunshine  (25-11-2015),Sonja  (25-11-2015),Tiny Dancer  (25-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    Bullsh!t!!!

Feeding to sleep is the biological NORM. Breast milk contains lovely sleepy hormones for both bub and mum. Why not do exactly what nature intended??

Anyone who tells you otherwise is an idiot.
    I read something idiotic the other day saying not to let them fall asleep feeding even overnight. What the actual f? My bub wakes twice overnight for feeds still and she closes her eyes after about 5 minutes and spends another 10 minutes feeding with her eyes closed sleepy. When I get up to pop her back in bed she's fast asleep and there is nothing sweeter in the middle of the night than a baby fast asleep in your arms. Last night I couldn't help myself giving her a couple of kisses on her sleepy cheeks before putting her in bed no way I'm keeping her awake on purpose lol.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (25-11-2015),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (25-11-2015),Tiny Dancer  (25-11-2015)

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    It didn't make a difference though as dd1 still never slept through consistently until she was 2.5 years old.
    This gives me hope...only 8 months to go! 😀

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    I read something idiotic the other day saying not to let them fall asleep feeding even overnight. What the actual f? My bub wakes twice overnight for feeds still and she closes her eyes after about 5 minutes and spends another 10 minutes feeding with her eyes closed sleepy. When I get up to pop her back in bed she's fast asleep and there is nothing sweeter in the middle of the night than a baby fast asleep in your arms. Last night I couldn't help myself giving her a couple of kisses on her sleepy cheeks before putting her in bed no way I'm keeping her awake on purpose lol.
    I had a few people tell me I should wake DS if he fell asleep while feeding over night, and then put him down in his cot. Um... no. That just results in tears, and it's difficult to get him to sleep at all. Why would I wake him if he's fallen asleep?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (25-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    We've given up sleeping here apparently. DS has decided sleep is for the weak and we just won't be doing it anymore at all. No naps, no bedtime. 😳

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaGal View Post
    We've given up sleeping here apparently. DS has decided sleep is for the weak and we just won't be doing it anymore at all. No naps, no bedtime. 😳
    How long has it been? Do you want help or just support?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaGal View Post
    I feel your pain @ScubaGal. My 5 month old DD has gone back to sh!tty day sleeping. Up for 12.5hrs today and slept a total of 2hrs10minutes 😁😁 I have no answers only sympathy. I can actually handle broken night sleep much better than these crappy day sleeps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    How long has it been? Do you want help or just support?
    We've had a run of everything... Before four months he used to sleep in solid blocks. 4hrs, then 3, then 2.

From four months onwards it was 3,3,2 but easy to feed to sleep and easy to resettle, no trouble at all.

The last two months though we have had a run of every single thing. First teeth came through just before five months, then a cold, then another bad cold and now the six month immunisations and somehow now it's a massive fight to get to sleep, and he won't nap. Like at all.

He had done some random longer naps of 1.5 hrs and even a bizarre 2 hr nap on Sunday but mostly he will only nap 40 min in the day and where he used to have four naps a day and then three a day after about 4.5months this last fortnight he won't have any or if he falls asleep he's up again in ten or twenty minutes.

I'm just sick of trying so hard and feeling like a failure.

I don't know what I want. I try different things but patting and shushing just p!sses him off and I actually can't rock or hold him to sleep anymore because he's too heavy for me (9.7kg) to put down gently.

We started co sleeping just to help me cope using a side car but I feel like it's making him wake even more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel people's pain. My little man decided yesterday and today that he would do short sleeps (20 mins) while we were out. He was up for 4 hrs before a 20 min nap. When we got home he slept for 1hr10mins. Last night he crashed out at 6.20pm only to wake at 11pm and then 3.30am.

Today hasn't been much better - slept for 45 mins and then up for 4 hrs before crashing out for 1hr this afternoon. Bedtime was crap today with him waking looking for more milk an hour after the previous bottle. Finally went to sleep at 8pm so here's hoping he sleeps tonight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @ScubaGal, we had a similar situation develop here it improved slightly at 6 months, then got progressively worse. It has improved again... but I don't think it had anything to do with what I've been trying to do. It's not consistent at all, but on a good night I'll only get up twice, one for a feed, and straight back to sleep, and the other just a hand on the back to help him resettle. On bad nights I'm up 4 - 6 times, and one of those is for at least 1.5 hours.

I've found that the more upset I get about his sleep, the worse it seems to get. Then he gets more and more overtired, and the cycle continues. Around 8.5 months DS suddenly started to work out his naps by himself. I know what you mean about feeling like a failure, but you really shouldn't. You can give them the best opportunity to fall asleep, but only bub can choose to sleep. If bub won't sleep, at least some down time in the cot with the curtains closed and lights off will give you both a break.

I'm sure you've probably tried everything... Have you tried just resting your hand on his back, or gently stroking his head? Those seem to work best for my DS at the moment.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (26-11-2015),ScubaGal  (25-11-2015)