+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We had a crappy night as we skyped dh last night. Both girls cried for him at bedtime then were very unsettled last night. I had them in with me as they needed cuddles.

Consequently my back is killing me. I was kinda half sitting/sleeping as both wanted to snuggle up to me and back sleeping is not happening now.

I did manage a quick workout this morning before work then a reasonably healthy breakfast so I'm feeling human again.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks for this thread!

DS has never been an amazing sleeper like most others he has had patches where he slept through for months! We dropped his day sleeps during the week when he wasn't going to bed until 10 though.
    And we got in the bad habit when he had surgery earlier this year of putting his portable DVD player on by his bed with dinosaur train and he would drift off with that, he still has it now, but is asleep within 5 minutes so i turn it off pretty quickly.

yesterday he didn't have a day sleep (he will sometimes have one on a weekend) and was so exhausted he asked to go to bed at 5:30, cue 9pm and 4am wake ups for bottles. I had to wake him this morning to go to work.

We tried Save our sleep but it didn't work for us at all, i hated the strict routines and so did DS, so we relaxed our stance and he has been fine since, if he doesnt want to go to bed he won't go, but will happily sit in his room playing and climb into his bed when he is ready.

I sleep when he does on the weekends, I used to be a great sleeper but now am terrible, i wake with every little noise and when DH is on night shift it is even worse.

DS will come in and snuggle some mornings and go back to sleep until 8-9 which is awesome if a weekend but not so good if a weekday and i have work lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    One of the girls in my Tafe class this morning was acting all silly (mostly for attention) because she had only got 5 hours sleep last night and she was just soooooo tired she couldnt possibly think straight.

Oh how I laughed, 5 hours unbroken sleep would be amazing and I quickly pointed that out! I am lucky enough to be the only one with a child out of 26 people, I scoff at their reasoning behind their lack of sleep, all in good fun I swear. 😉

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DreamyMummy For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (17-08-2015),hoping28  (17-08-2015)

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    I just love it when ds won't unlatch and I'm busting to go to the toilet. 😁😕 cue me dragging him to the bathroom with me at 2am.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (17-08-2015)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by AdornedWithCats View Post
    I just love it when ds won't unlatch and I'm busting to go to the toilet. ������������ cue me dragging him to the bathroom with me at 2am.
    Been there, done that. (SEVERAL times!)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (17-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AdornedWithCats View Post
    I just love it when ds won't unlatch and I'm busting to go to the toilet. ������������ cue me dragging him to the bathroom with me at 2am.
    Oh thank god its not just me!! And worse when was pregnant and co-sleeping with needing to go several times a night. @Mod-Nomsie how did you manage with two bubs at once? Even to this day, every time I see a mum with newborn twins I clearly remember sitting in our FS office signing the paperwork for IVF and having the discussion about 2 embryos or just one to implant, and about how much harder it would have been in the early days. I am in awe. I remind myself of this when things are tough, just how lucky we are to have our IVF DS1 and our made by us DS2.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by TwiceBlessed View Post
    Oh thank god its not just me!! And worse when was pregnant and co-sleeping with needing to go several times a night. @Mod-Nomsie how did you manage with two bubs at once? Even to this day, every time I see a mum with newborn twins I clearly remember sitting in our FS office signing the paperwork for IVF and having the discussion about 2 embryos or just one to implant, and about how much harder it would have been in the early days. I am in awe. I remind myself of this when things are tough, just how lucky we are to have our IVF DS1 and our made by us DS2.
    I didn't. I didn't cope. I went insane for a while. My mum pretty much moved in and took care of us for the first 6 months. I was a walking zombie. Then I just got used to it.
    Pleeeenty of other twin mums cope a hell of a lot better than I ever did.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Nomsie View Post
    I didn't. I didn't cope. I went insane for a while. My mum pretty much moved in and took care of us for the first 6 months. I was a walking zombie. Then I just got used to it.
    Pleeeenty of other twin mums cope a hell of a lot better than I ever did.
    Ahh yes, but those other mums had their twins, you had your twins so you can't compare them. And did they really cope, or did they just fake it better than you?? Thank god for your mum to help you get thru the early days and get your head above water again.
    Loved your post about stacking up your babies in bed - bet that wasn't funny at the time when you woke up both, but at least time does blur the tough stuff and help us to remember the good bits or the funny side of things.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TwiceBlessed For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (18-08-2015)

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    I am sooo good at fake coping. 😂 I hope I haven't made any other mums feel bad because I'm good at pretending!
    Last edited by AdornedWithCats; 18-08-2015 at 13:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I was up for what felt like forever with ds3 last night. Bloody eczema.